Tax Manager, Private Equity
- £70,000 - £90,000 + Bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Carnegie Consulting
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
Our client is a Private Equity business based in central London. A new role has been created to oversee and prepare all relevant tax reporting for both the funds and for the corporate entities. A qualified Tax professional (CTA/ATT) is sought, ideally with an investment management background.
- Co-ordination and management of outsourced compliance providers, key contact for managing these relationships
- Preparation of certain group entities’ tax computations (group companies, limited partnerships etc.) within specific deadlines.
- Review and sign off of tax returns before final sign off by Finance Director. Tax compliance will cover a range of entities within the group structure
- Working with Finance and Funds administration functions for the collation and preparation of underlying information relevant for tax reporting
- US and UK tax reporting to investors (certain other jurisdictions as needed)
- Ensure that all tax returns are filed within specific deadlines.
- Assistance and indirect tax issues, including review of VAT/GST returns as prepared by external tax advisors, carried interest matters.
- Preparation of audit tax provisions.
- Dealing with HMRC correspondence and maintaining a good working relationship with HMRC and the tax authorities
- As applicable, provide information to ensure that all tax payments are made in a timely manner.
- Key point for liaison with regards to FATCA and CRS reporting ensuring requirements are planned for and fulfilled on time.
- Provide input to the development of systems and procedures to allow taxation information to be readily available.
- You will have relevant Tax accounting experience from the financial servcies sector, with a natural preference for an investment management background
- You could also be coming from an accounting practice, especially if you have a tax background and clients within investment management
- You could hold a variety of professional qualifications (ACA/ACCA for accountants or CTA/ATT for Tax professionals)
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Able to work as part of a team but operate as the sole tax resource for this part of the business
- To enhance your CV
- Work with a well established business