Tax Reporting Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Local Pensions Partnership Ltd
- 05 Dec 17 2017-12-05
Reporting into the Head of Financial Reporting this role aims to deliver high quality, efficient finance and accountancy service to the organisation and its customers. This role acts as a key point of liaison for tax in relation to the company and Investment Funds. Provide a lead on Tax advice on new business development and engagement with external advisors. Provide tax advice that complies with current legislation while optimising the tax recovery and minimising and any tax liability for all LPP group entities and clients.
Prepare all tax reporting and deal with all Tax accounting matters that arise as part of reporting and ensure alignment with reporting standards.
- Preparation and submission of annual direct tax returns for group companies, investment partnership structures and any other miscellaneous income tax returns
- Preparation of tax disclosure notes for the UK corporate entities
- Provide VAT technical support to the finance team and for the investment team, reviewing partial exemption calculations, submission of Option to Tax forms etc.
- Provide technical support on employee tax issues
- Provide tax advice generally to the group and in respect of investment structures – e.g. Withholding Taxes/Double Tax Treaty issues, advice on the efficiency of structure etc.
- Oversight of Transfer Pricing policy
- Provide technical support to Pension scheme teams, e.g. preparation of Accounting For Tax return
- To be key point of contact for all tax issues for internal finance team, investments team and other colleagues as well as main point of contact for external tax advisers
The post holder will demonstrate:
- Qualified accountant
- Additional qualification as Chartered Tax Adviser beneficial
- This is a broad role, but candidates would need to be comfortable with VAT as well as direct tax, and dealing with partnerships as well as companies
- Familiarity with investment management issues or pension schemes would be an advantage
- Basic IT literacy plus ability to use commercial tax return preparation software to produce the annual computations/tax returns
How to Apply:
You can apply for this role by submitting a CV and covering letter confirming your current remuneration package.
Please note that as part of the recruitment process, candidates may be invited to complete both ability and psychometric assessments and will receive feedback.
We regret that we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
For any questions around applying and/or further details in relation to the position please do not hesitate to contact the HR team on 0207-369-6030
Closing date for applications: We invite all applicants to apply as soon as possible and please note that the campaign will close when sufficient applications have been received.
LPP is keen to promote a diverse workforce to maximise our ability to provide quality services to all our customers. All applicants who are known to be disabled and who meet the minimum criteria for the role will progress to the next stage of the recruitment process.