Team Lead, IED Flow Trade and Sales Support - Director/AVP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 Jun 18 2018-06-20
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations is the first line of defence for Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being and essential in delivering value to our clients. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation. Operations has a world-class team of innovative and dedicated professionals, with a unique vantage point in the Firm interacting with all parts of the business, front to back. The Operations Senior Management team are passionate about our people development and providing best in class employee opportunities through an inclusive, forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning, and proactive career management.
ISG Product Operations is a world-class global team of dedicated professionals, performing a myriad of functions, all with a common purpose: to manage Morgan Stanley's Clearing and Trading & Client operational processes and deliver value to our clients in a controlled and efficient way. The broad organization partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. At all times we are focused on delivering quality service to clients both internal and external.
This team lead role is managing two teams; the Flow Trade Support team which covers trading activities of the IED Single Name, Index and Convertible Bonds trading desks, and the Sales Support team which covers Sales activity of the IED EU Sales desk. Products include OTC Vanilla Options and Swaps, Listed Options and Stock.
- Supervision of day to day activities through reviewing the output of controls and Key Risk Indicators.
- The first point of escalation for issues.
- Coaching the team individuals to improve on their developments, effectively market their achievements and drive their careers.
- Organise team responsibilities to allow for the completion of the BAU, while also working toward departmental and personal goals
- Daily communication with the trading/sales desks and neighbouring ops teams to ensure correct trade capture, and flow, to downstream systems. This includes any Tax and Sales credits that should be applied to trades.
- Investigating trade match issues on Markitwire and working with desk and downstream teams to resolve
- Communicate directly with clients to retrieve their allocations and apply them to trades
- Daily troubleshooting and Publishing of prices to clients for the high focus and value Algorithmic Dynamic Indices for the Exotics desk
- Coordinating upcoming life cycle events (Corporate Actions, novations & expiries) and working with the desk, Ref data teams and neighbouring ops team to ensure they are applied correctly and in timely manner for all product types.
- Convertible bond setup, and maintenance, as well as working to renovate the front to back booking model.
- Act as SME for regulatory reporting issues
- Work with change-the-bank teams to implement new regulatory market initiatives as well as your ideas on how to improve efficiencies and controls within the team.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent: All disciplines considered.
- Exposure to Prime Brokerage / hedge funds industry / derivatives products / Margin or Collateral preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to deal with senior internal clients & join a team of experienced professionals.
- Demonstration in their past work experience of robust analytical skills, high attention to detail, process improvement and a control mind set.
- A self-starter with the ability to work on their own initiative as well as be a solid team player
- Strong product knowledge across equities and derivatives essential.
- Computer literate and familiar with most packages and Excel skills an advantage.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.