Team Leader- Client AML Review Team
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Investec Bank plc
- 08 Aug 18 2018-08-08
Description of Role and Key Responsibilities
The AML Review team’s key focus is to ensure that all clients of IBP have an AML due diligence review conducted at the relevant times to comply with IBP financial crime policy and AML / CTF legislation and regulations.
The primary objective of the role is to manage and oversee the day to day workload and people management of the client AML review team and ensure policy and process is adhered to in order to effectively manage any associated risks that may arise.
- Development and ongoing leadership of The AML review team within the ICIB core operations division. This includes:
- Ensuring you meet the team for regular 1:1s to coach, develop and manage performance
- Ensure the team meet regularly to share knowledge, information, progress, goals and to plan ahead. Creating a good team working environment
- Carry out annual and interim performance development reviews and performance management
- Input in to the annual salary and bonus process.
- Participating and contributing to the Onboarding Manco with insight relating to the development of people, processes and relevant strategies
- Key participation in establishment of new processes and initiatives focusing on items such as improvement of the client experience, policy and procedural updates, system testing and implementation.
- Promote a culture of client centricity and continuous improvement in the AML review team.
- Instil a sense of service led mind-set, ownership and equal responsibility within the team to ensure review targets are met in a timeous fashion.
- Training the team to ensure Review procedures are understood and that Financial Crime Policies are understood and followed.
- Work closely with the Manager: Client Onboarding (MOB) by creating MI based on team performance and reporting regularly to MOB this.
- Identifying any potential or increasing risks within the team and processes & reporting these risks timeously in order to put the correct mitigation procedures in place.
- Act as a point of guidance and escalation to the AML review team with regards to complex cases, complaints or difficult situations and taking ownership of escalations from the business and other key stakeholders.
- Ensure Review team works seamlessly with the ICIB business to solve for urgent deadlines and any other issues which may be escalated by the business
- Ensuring that any financial crime QA and peer review checking results are assessed. Recognition of any trends and training needs which may arise from this analysis. Relaying this to MOB in order to solve for these needs.
Core Skills and Attributes
- Experience of team leadership role in the AML Review or Onboarding sector.
- AML Diploma (completed or in progress) highly recommended
- Deep understanding of AML Regulatory requirements with strong knowledge of JMLSG and Money laundering regulations
- Proven experience of dealing with and advising on, complex corporate structures
- Proven track record of process implementation and process management
- Ability to interpret and understand legal documentation.
- Understanding of relevant risks and controls.
- Experience with the Microsoft products – Word and Excel. Particular proficiency within Excel to manipulate and work with large sets of data.
Personal attributes and other requirements
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Problem solving skills, as well as being able to work independently.
- Ability to quickly forge relationships both with team members, colleagues and wider stakeholders
- Ability to work and learn quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Strong drive to get things done.
- Excellent organisation skills and strong attention to detail.
- Energetic and enthusiastic, a self-starter who is keen to work hard and help develop the business and motivate others.
- Passionate about providing extraordinary service to our stakeholders and clients.
- To act with integrity at all times and embrace the Investec cultures and values wholeheartedly