Team Leader – Private Banking Assistant - Other job functions London
Description of the Business Line or Department
Our Commercial strategy focuses on three main areas:
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- Ensure growth through our key client segments: KCS (Key Client Segment), FIM (Financial Intermediaries), Core Segment and Privilege
- Tighten our global sales management, notably by combining our indicators by entity and by private banker (AuM, NNMA, NBI, GOI);
- Anchor our risk culture, conduct, Customer Excellence and the Group values described in the Leadership Model in our sales force on a daily basis
The purpose of the Private Banking Assistant role is to be part of the Client Service Team (CST) supporting the Private Bankers. It is a vital link between Clients, Private Bankers and Support Services from initial client introduction and throughout the life of the relationship.
The Team Leader will ensure on behalf of their Team that all aspects of the Client's experience with Kleinwort Hambros are dealt with in a professional, accurate and timely manner including:
• Management of a team of Private Banking Assistants
• Key part of the CST supporting Private Bankers who are focused on one or more segments, managing and retaining client relationships with high net worth individuals.
• Proactively looking at ways to improve the client experience and internal processes
• Managing operational risk and supervising less experienced colleagues
• Maintenance of the operation capabilities of the existing accounts ( i.e. static data) Summary of responsibilities
• Key part of the Client Service Team, supporting the Private Bankers, to ensure a high standard is delivered to the client.
• Provide administrative support to Private Bankers, complete required paperwork and record maintenance, assist with the administration of various client reviews, respond to client enquiries and provide administrative co-ordination with all areas of the bank and, where necessary, the wider SG Group entities
• Use time effectively, balancing personal commitment with the use of other resources to deliver a high quality of service
• Coordinate meetings, diaries and attendance at relevant meetings, including attending those where assistance is required with meeting notes etc
• Maintain excellent professional standards through appropriate training and development and keep up to date with developments in the market place
• Work effectively and successfully within the team and corporate framework
• Perform all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the SG Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long term sustainability of client relationships;
• Fully respect SG Policies and Procedures defined locally, at PRIV and at Group Level, in order to control operational risks;
• Respect of local SG procedures and relevant regulations;
• Application of IMMUNE and FORCE rules
• Must seek management advice in case of doubt
Client Engagement and meeting co-ordination
• Manage all client contact via email, calls and referrals
• Schedule/ track annual review process by banker within Team, initiating review if change's to a client's situation warrants a record refresh
• Schedule and prepare for client meetings/calls at banker request - including investment schedules and meeting packs
• Track all incoming client queries along with actions arising from client meetings and calls
• Respond to all client valuation, statement or audit requests
• Track routine client reporting processes and escalate with bankers as necessary
• Ensure all client engagement documentation is recorded appropriate on client files within strategic archive
Client Service Management
• Obtain reports for all clients within Team on issues arising at client touch points outside of Private Banking
• Monitor key processes and client service levels for all clients within Team validating compliance time and quality targets
• Co-ordinate all client service remediation activities, including calls and letters to client
Client Documentation Management
• Validate up to date client procedures and documentation from Business Assurance, Operations, Compliance or Legal
• Drive the documentation process for :- Client take on, Client closure, Client death, New account set up, Closure of dormant accounts, Trust estate processing; Portfolio creation; Stock Transitions and transfers; Manage client file details and ensure remediation of all incomplete KYC data
Client Transaction Execution Initiation ( ensuring regulatory compliance )
• Stock transitions/transfers in and out and within portfolios
• Money transmission, standing orders and payment processing - all following client instruction and including engagement on sanctions checks
• Monitoring of client debit/credit balances and taking appropriate action where necessary
• Monitoring of client portfolio holdings on internal systems
• Adherence to call back procedures
• Support administration of client Execution Only activities
• Proactively challenge and adopt new processes where client experience can be improved or productivity of staff can be utilised elsewhere
• Promote digital tools for clients to self-serve and reduce administrative burden on Bank
• Provide experienced business support to more junior PBA staff
• Increased sign offs to reflect experience and autonomy in role
• Training and coaching
• Working with Business Assurance to improve KPIs and metrics
Team Leader responsibilities;
• Direct management and development of team members will be a requirement, therefore, requires technical proficiency and management skills. This is in order to effectively supervise and monitor the work of the team while motivating team members to meet objectives and to support their career progression through active coaching, mentoring and appropriate training.
• Able to articulate difficult messages and decisions through effective communication and verbal reasoning. Communicates positively about the reasons for change and ensure others understand what the changes mean for their everyday work
• Create and monitor a skills development action plan for the team and its members in conjunction with HR (monitoring, sharing experiences, coaching, mentoring).
• Ensure appropriate team resources and competence is in place. Hire and develop the right talent to further expand the team's ability to pro-actively service Clients.
• Complete the evaluation process for all team members ensuring progression plans are well documented with SMART objectives. Monitor, on a periodic basis, through regular performance discussions and feedback.
• Build trust, inspire and engage key stakeholders through effective communication
• Resolve problems independently, escalating only when necessary.
• Identify and promote the generation of ideas to improve processes and client satisfaction. Supervise the implementation of these improvements
• Actively drive change, defining the concrete steps to implementation.
• Operate in a constructive manner with others (within the team, with the management, with other commercial teams, within SG)
• Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with commercial functions, particularly Investment Management, Advisory, Wealth Planning, Credit and Market Solutions ensuring that the product offer and support provided allows self and team to meet client's objectives.
• Provide support functions with ideas and feedback to improve efficiencies and client service standards.
Risk & Compliance;
- To set an example and demonstrate leadership in respect of risk awareness, conduct, behavioural and compliance culture matters; ensure the embedding of a positive culture of compliance within the team, with internal stakeholders, as well as to clients and markets. To lead to the right outcomes in all material respects.
- Ensure team members apply all regulatory standards including Treating Customer Fairly, Know your Client and Suitability.
- Maintain the highest standards of risk and compliance, ensuring all policies are observed across the team.
- Champion the Bank's risk culture applying the rules to daily tasks whilst ensuring the team adopts the same approach.
- Ensure team members complete all internal mandatory regulatory training
• Perform all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the SGPBH Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long term sustainability of client relationships.
• Fully respect SG Policies and Procedures defined locally, at PRIV and at Group Level, in order to control operational risks.
• Respect of local SGPBH procedures and relevant regulations
• Application of IMMUNE and FORCE rules Level of Autonomy and Authority
Escalate issues to the Head of Client Services Profile Required Competencies
- Individual contributor competencies as defined in the SG Leadership Model
- Team Leadership and management
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Good working knowledge of business processes, standards, policies and procedures
- Strong Verbal and written communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management and cooperation skills
- Change management
- People development
- Client service and results orientated
- Word, Excel, Powerpoint and other relevant IT skills
- Knowledge of regulations applying to the bank, its staff and our clients
- Knowledge of internal risk management, compliance, AML procedures and constant vigilance in respect of them
- Reliability and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team Player & Collaboration
- Exercise good judgement skills to prevent fraud and raise alerts as necessary
• A-Levels or equivalent
• Relevant BA degree
• Level 4 RDR compliant qualification (or working towards) such as the CISI Investment Advice Diploma (IAD) LANGUAGES
Only applicable if the job holder is to work on an international team Why Join Us
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different. Business Insight
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Société Générale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000JUH
Business unit: Kleinwort Hambros
Starting date: 09/11/2020
Date of publication: 21/09/2020
Team Leader - Private Banking Assistant
Permanent contract | London | Other job functions