The purpose of this role is to provide an effective support service to the Group Secretariat team as well as carrying out administrative tasks related to all of the department's professional duties.
- To deal with incoming post and Head of Secretariat emails: vetting, prioritising anddrafting responses as appropriate.
- To handle telephone messages efficiently, professionally and diplomatically, resolving queries where possible.
- To manage diaries, including arranging complex meetings with external parties.
- To order stationery and deal with other office facilities.
- To handle new starter processes, such as induction / hardware / passes.
- To organise the weekly team meeting.
- To process invoices and monitor department costs; including cross-charging to other
- Business Units and setting up new vendors where required.
- To maintain and develop up-to-date, easy access, on-line and paper based filing systems for the team.
- To work with team members to keep board diaries and calendars updated.
- To work with team members to develop and maintain procedures, timetables and standard documents, working with the team to improve policies and procedures.
- To manage holiday schedules and weekly team whereabouts.
- To arrange travel.
- On-going maintenance of the shared drive for the team, including annual archiving of electronic documents.
- To arrange monthly updates to Group Secretariat information on the intranet.
- All the following would be carried out under supervision of the relevant team members.
- Board SupporT - To assist with the preparation of electronic and paper board and committee meeting packs.
- To assist with the scheduling of Board and Committee meetings including scheduling agenda review meetings and the upkeep of various related calendars.
- Governance - Managing updates to InsiderTrack database.
- Share PlanS - Assist in share plans record keeping.
- Shareholder Services - Assist in AGM planning and logistics.
Core Competences Required:
- Proven secretarial experience ideally in a legal/compliance environment.
- Must be computer literate; excellent practical experience of Word, PowerPoint and
- Excel and quick to pick up new systems.
- Accurate typing.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in all work.
- Able to work on own initiative and prioritise work.
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with competing demands.
- Confident in dealing with people at all levels, able to build and maintain good
- relationships in a team environment.
- Demonstrates discretion and integrity in handling confidential and sensitive
- Pro-active, on-the-ball and hands-on person ready to help where necessary.