Technical Business Data Analyst Contract role Remote then London based Large Insurance client
The Underwriting Modelling team provide a core service to the client as part of the Group's satisfying regulatory requirements in Lloyd's, Finma, NBB, and Japan. They are responsible for management of the Group's Catastrophe Risk: including pricing contracts, maintaining the quarterly portfolio, measuring the portfolio against capital tolerances, providing data and metrics for outward reinsurance purchase, analysing risk exposure and accumulations including submitting RDS returns to Lloyd's, analysing the portfolio for Lloyd's Business Planning, and providing event response and other ad hoc services.
We are delivering changes to the Catastrophe Pricing function by decommissioning the legacy platform and provide a new platform from which future improvements can be made in support of modelling and underwriting activities, whilst meeting our key regulatory requirements.
- Documenting current and "to be" processes, and data flows to ensure all requirements can be met.
- Gathering existing documentation and specifications and working with the Modelling and Underwriting teams to ensure it remains fit for purpose.
- Analyse existing system processes, functionality, code and data to ensure the new platform can fully enable the decommissioning of the legacy system.
- Document functional, non-functional and data requirements and acceptance criteria of the system and integrations
- Facilitate requirements signoff and system acceptance by the business.
- Define data migration requirements and transformation rules.
- Support test planning, design and perform system and acceptance testing as required on integration, data migration, functional and non-functional aspects of the solution.
- Working with the platform vendor, internal development, service management and testing teams to define requirements and acceptance criteria
- Working under the direction of a project manager, but with a wider business analyst team within a larger programme of work of which this forms a part.
- Supporting Modelling, Underwriting, Business Analyst and Test Analyst colleagues in test planning and execution
- Facilitate delivery of training and end user documentation; and support transition activities.
- 6+ years Business, Systems and Data Analyst experience
- Technical background and understanding of .Net, C# T-SQL, databases, dataflows, interfaces & integration, APIs and UX
- Ability to work with and understand data, data mapping, data modelling and data lineage.
- Ability to analyse current systems features, UI, reports, code and data bases to reverse engineer functional, data and non-functional requirements
- Ability to analyse processes and data in order to prioritise and design an implementation approach
- Ability to construct, communicate and agree business requirements with key stakeholders across a number of business functions
- Able to identify release phasing and product increments based on business value and up/down stream dependencies
- Ability to design Target Operating Models,As-Is/To-Be processes
- Ability to facilitate UAT, formulate user documentation and support business and service transition activities