Job Title: Technical Claims Lead Casualty Re
Job Type: Permanent
Location: London (Hybrid - 3 days a week in the office)
Resource Solutions has a fantastic opportunity available for a Technical Claims Lead - Casualty to join our client, a leading global insurance and reinsurance company. Our client specialises in providing bespoke ideas to transform complex risks into innovative solutions.
Opportunity Overview: In this role, you will evaluate, and process claims estimates and paid claims values, use analytics and insights continually drive continuous improvement in the use of TPAs and third-party experts, and build effective tools, processes, and governance to minimise regulatory, legal, and operational risk.
Your key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contributing to, monitoring, and advising on the plan developments and changes to ensure relevancy, compliance, and optimal delivery.
- Managing complex claims in collaboration with peers and colleagues in other offices in the processes and technicalities of the claims portfolio.
- Delivering accurate and timely reporting to the claim's management and leadership, as required.
- Supporting the regulatory and legislative response and adherence to standards and embedding any required change or mitigation within the designated claims portfolio.
- Supporting the implementation of the group claims strategy to enable the delivery of overall business targets and performance against KPIs via the utilisation of data and intelligence.
- Investigating and resolving technical and operational issues within designated claims portfolio and escalating as appropriate.
- Fostering strong relationships with brokers, 3rd parties, and customers via multi-channel engagement and focused forums.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Deep experience and a proven track record of working in a Claims environment within a specialized/complex Claims area.
- Recognised qualification(s) and/or good practical knowledge of the insurance regulatory framework.
- Strong commercial experience in the general insurance industry and claims trends to be able to provide expert advice and opinion where required.
- Extensive and relevant knowledge of technical claims handling in a group claims function, operating in a highly regulated environment.
- Extensive experience in technical claims management supporting multiple lines of business/claims across geographies and industries with differing regulatory and legislative standards.
- Strong understanding of delegated and third-party claims management from a technical, commercial, and operational perspective.
- Ability to navigate and assimilate complex technical data applications and sources strong investigative skills.
- Negotiation, influencing, and collaboration skills.
Interested candidates should apply at the earliest opportunity.