Technical Data Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent , Full time
- 17 Nov 17
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focus on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
Let’s Talk About You
You want to Own Your Career. You’re serious about rising as far and as fast as your work and achievements can take you. And you’re ready to write the next chapter of your career story: a challenging and rewarding role as a Capco Data Analyst.
A Word About Us
Capco – Forming the Future of Finance
Capco is a distinctly and positively different place to work. Much more than consultants, we are active participants in the global financial services industry. Our passionate business and technology professionals enjoy a unique environment where they are actively encouraged to apply intellect, innovation, experience and teamwork. We are dedicated to fully supporting our world class clients as they respond to challenges and opportunities in: Banking, Capital Markets, Finance Risk & Compliance, Insurance and Wealth and Investment Management. Experience Capco for yourself at capco.com.
Let’s Get Down To Business
Capco are looking for talented Management Consultants, preferably with previous consulting experience, to work in its fast-growing Data practice, and who have a genuine interest in progressing their career in the Financial Services industry. The successful candidate should have a strong change delivery skill-set and would be required to work as a key member of a global Data and Analytics team.
We are looking for inquisitive and innovative individuals to advise on and deliver change projects for some of the leading financial institutions in the market, challenge our clients with their ideas and drive results, and contribute to Capco’s already amazing growth story.
Show Us What You’ve Got
- Performing Data Quality analysis on data and mapping between current and target data sets (source vs target)
- Producing dashboard reports detailing data insights
- Defining processes for the Data Quality and Data lineage
- Collating, cleansing and transforming data from various data sources from the client and third parties
- Defining and documenting reporting requirements and matching this up with BI Reporting tools available in the market
Prior Management Consulting Skills / Experience:
- Working in a project environment for a consultancy, conducting Business Analysis, Data Analysis, Project Management and/or Change Management activities
- Proven track record of high quality delivery across the project lifecycle
- Strong stakeholder management, including advising and influencing clients regarding process improvement initiatives, and working positively and sensitively alongside client stakeholders
- Proven ability to run effective workshops for client business users
- Ability to present data and findings to business stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
- Strong presentation skills, including the use of MS PowerPoint
Prior Technical Experience
- Exposure to different methodologies and approaches (e.g. PMP, Prince 2, Agile, Waterfall)
- Ability and flexibility to work on a range of different business areas as a consultant
- Advanced MS Excel skills, preferably including Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Ability to manage and manipulate large data sets using Excel, MS Access, SharePoint lists and integration between Microsoft tools
- Systems Integration / User Acceptance Testing experience (test scenario creation, script development, and test execution)
- SQL skills, in particular ability to write SQL queries
Other Skills / Experience
- Capital markets and/or Banking experience
- Financial services industry knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to use their own initiative to take pro-active decisions and make tangible progress
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to varying levels of client stakeholders
- Broad awareness of macro-economic and regulatory changes
WHY JOIN CAPCO?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture