Technical Lead - Sales Revenue Reporting - Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
See job description for details
Seeking a Senior Technical Lead with experience in providing scalable enterprise solutions for information reporting and analytics using oracle reports, micro strategy, power BI, reporting services or Business Objects. The team is responsible for providing reporting and analytics solutions around client and sales revenue to the Institutional Securities business (IED/FID/FX). The candidate will be part of the Client and Sales Revenue Technology (CSRT) department and will be responsible to manage the local team in London and team of consultants in India. The candidate is responsible to architect the BI solutions based on the client needs and will be directly interacting with the stakeholders in London and Asia to manage the priority and the delivery of reports and analytical solutions.
- Design, develop, and implement cutting edge solutions for business problems in a dynamic financial services environment where client revenues, client profitability and client tiering and sales performance are key to the ever-changing business growth strategy.
- Managing a team of 2-3 developers locally and 6-8 consultants in India
- Client relationship management, Prioritization and delivery management keeping the environment stable but constantly addressing the changing client needs
- Driving requirements, documenting requirements, designing technical solutions and working with the team to deliver
- Hands on development, coding and code-reviews debugging where needed
- Ensure adherence to established technical standards and guidelines.
- Collaborate effectively with cross functional teams including data teams, QA, Production support, controllers, operations etc.
- Work closely with QA for assuring high quality products are delivered that meet the business needs, work with production support teams to ensure that the infrastructure/platform is well looked after, kept stable and SLAs for availability are met
- Contribute effectively at many different points in a project life cycle as an individual contributor as well as a team lead
- Adhere to project timelines, addressing and resolving technical issues
- Lead functional/technical group discussions with analysts and developers
- Extensive experience in information delivery, involving elements of Data Warehouse design, reporting, analytics, operational data stores, large data volumes etc
- Extensive experience in providing Reporting, Data Visualization, Data Analysis, Business Intelligence solutions
- Solid experience with SQL and creation of DB objects including stored procs., views, triggers.
- Strong scripting skills in UNIX using Python/Perl/Shell
- Excellent problem-solving and quantitative skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Prior work experience in the financial industry is a plus
- Experience in BOXI, Tableau,Qlikview,DB2, Greenplum
- Database optimization skills a big plus
- Prior work experience with Agile/Devops is preferred
- Experience or understanding of Artificial Intelligence (AI),Machine Learning (ML),and Applied Statistics
- Reference Data Knowledge
- Previous assignment at Morgan Stanley with exposure to technical systems
- Working knowledge of distributed database
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-RJ1