Technical Product Manager for a Customer satisfaction index.
Global Product team is seeking an experienced Technical Product Manager with a strong product background to join its dynamic team. Successful candidates should demonstrate leadership and flexibility, as well as the ability to build rapport with our internal clients, team members, managers, and senior executives. The individual in this role must have be able to drive their team towards its goal, demonstrating a strong bias for action and a passion for results.
Technical Product Managers work across multiple disciplines and industries, and must be able to understand their clients’ businesses and build credibility quickly. They must be comfortable working on a range of project types and sizes, from rapid proof of concept creation up to large-scale product development initiatives. Typical project archetypes include custom and packaged system development and implementation, process or system improvement, vendor selection, and product definition, development, and launch using a variety of methodologies.
Manage the team (20% of the time):
- Lead a cross-functional team, often virtually and across time-zones, consisting of supplier resources. Give your teams clarity of purpose, communicate progress and celebrate success.
- Provide management and coaching to a small team of the product guidance, developing their skills and careers. Provide effective delivery assurance of the product.
- Training, professional development, internal meetings, team building events/outings, etc.
Manage the work (70% of the time):
- Manage scope, requirements, resources, time, cost, quality, risks, and communications for product
- Leading and facilitation of product innovation
- Develop & manage the technical roadmap
- Provide direction to the development team on technical trade-off's
- Work with product owner and business stakeholders to prioritize the product back-log using various techniques
- Lead internal and external technical development teams, including designers, advanced analytic experts, developers, engineers
- Identify and address technical risks
- Decide how and when to integrate 3rd party partners / solutions into our offering
- Manage critical 3rd party technology relationships, working with Bain’s business development team
Other (10% of the time):
- Keep up to date on current tech and data engineering trends, established and emerging providers of technology and analytic offerings, and competitive benchmarking
- BA / MSc or equivalent undergraduate degree with strong academic credentials
- 5+ years successful track record in B2B software technical product management
- Expertise in leading projects in a product development context, knowledge of product as well as project lifecycles
- Ability to rapidly absorb and interpret technical information. Fluency with modern design and development principles.
- Ability to manage cross functional/inter-disciplinary teams including product designers, software engineers, and data engineers
- Strong abilities in problem definition and problem solving
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with diverse stakeholders at all levels
- Experience in managing and developing more junior team members
- Ability to discuss technical issues with a non-technical audience
- Comfort working independently in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, able to interface across many areas and levels of the Practice organizations
- Passion for digital and innovation, results focused
- Ability to rapidly absorb and interpret technical information
Product Management Certification
Expertise in Agile methodology, and ability to effectively leads scrum ceremonies (e.g., sprint planning, demo etc.)
- Experience in a Consulting environment (not necessarily in a Consulting role) is a plus
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment, good grasp of engineering processes and the full software development lifecycle
- Experience with cloud-based data ingestion and transformation technologies (e.g., Talend, Alteryx)
- Experience with Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server and in the creation of Tableau-enabled products
Irrespective of an individual’s specific background, the successful candidate will be:
- Collaborative – someone who knows how to work with and through others to drive results and make change happen, as well is customer service orientated
- Entrepreneurial, proactive, and productive - someone who knows how to prioritize what needs to be done and rallies colleagues to get things accomplished; “roll up the sleeves” type of attitude
- Bright – both insightful and creative, with strong problem-solving skills and pragmatic, with a practical, “real-world” sense of what is actually “do-able”. Possesses an affinity for data-driven insights to make decisions, and able to harness knowledge and expertise of the best content to support the Practice
- Articulate and compelling in his/her oral and written communication skills; engaging and concise – with interpersonal “presence”; adaptable across executive, technical and Bain audiences
- Energetic, with drive, enthusiasm, and natural skills in relationship development; well-connected, with an extensive network of potentially relevant relationships
- Inspirational Leadership - track record of managing high-performing, service-oriented team members, motivating and developing colleagues above and below their own tenure
A great colleague and teammate - passionate about the task at hand and fun to be around; someone with whom the consultancy and clients go out of their way to work