Technical Program Manager
DESCRIPTION Are you interested in a challenge that will reward your unique blend of business and technology skills? Are you excited by the opportunity to be central in addressing significant business-impacting processes and products? Do you enjoy the challenge and ownership that comes from delivering large, cross-functional, IT projects? As a Technical Program Manager (TPM) for IT Services, you will have the opportunity to play a pivotal role in the future of IT Services. You will be the glue between stakeholders to ensure our customers receive the right outcomes.
In the Amazon IT Services organization, you will be responsible for identifying, scoping, and delivering programs with the agreed success measures, budget, schedule and quality. In this role, you will deliver standard and non-standard IT network infrastructure programs, support Amazon's growth in new and existing offices. You will be the primary point of contact for the cross-function teams, to drive the agreed requirements successfully for the [insert region name] region.
The right candidate possesses a strong technical background on software or IT infrastructure, effective written and verbal communication, program and project management experience. High judgment, ability to influence, analytical talent and delivering results are essential to success in this role.
The key job functions of the Technical Program Manager are:
• Own projects and programs having regional impact, including project schedules and milestones.
• Effectively manage stakeholders to successfully deliver the agreed scope.
• Understand and identify technical challenges to successfully deliver the designed architecture.
• Assess costs and benefits, identify and mitigate risks; manage escalations; anticipate and make tradeoffs; and balance business needs with technical constraints.
• Clearly communicate project and program status, responsibilities and issues to stakeholders
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's Degree [preferably in Computer Science] or 5+ years of equivalent experience
• 2+ Years' Experience of Enterprise Level Program Management [leading or operating]
• 2+ Years' Experience of Managing Enterprise Level IT Services [Client, Server, Cloud]
• 2+ Years' Experience of managing cross-functional network, server or wireless Infrastructure projects
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • 5+ Years' Experience of Enterprise Level Program Management [leading or operating]
• 5+ Years' Experience of Managing Enterprise Level Network, Server & Wireless Infrastructure
• Exposure to multiple project management methodologies is a plus.
• Experience with information security, relational databases and cloud computing.
• Experience within complex organizational settings (e.g., geographic dispersion).
• Familiarity with information security, relational databases and cloud computing
• Excellent organization, analytical, quantitative, and presentation skills
• Strong bias for action and "get it done" attitude
• Detail oriented, yet able to look at a wide array of choices and identify what truly matters