Technology Operations Manager
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
The Wells Fargo EMEA technology team has a new opportunity for an experienced Technology Operations Manager to join the team based in King William Street, London.
- Operational Management of Data Centres and Information Processing Critical Facilities within EMEA Geography
- Provide support for problem root cause analysis, correction and prevention. Direct event recovery teams through expedited informed decisions to minimize production impact.
- Set and deliver Standards, Policies and Guideline Enforcement- Ensure all activities taking place within the Data Center meet or exceed established Enterprise Standards. Ensure all Availability Management Processes are followed
- Assist in the creation and execution of the EMEA Data Centre Strategy in line with Enterprise strategy.
- Critical Site Enhancements / Projects- Actively participate in all projects effecting Critical Spaces providing subject matter expertise and design of Communications rooms, cabling and racking.
- Support all types of infrastructure projects including hardware, networks, virtual server and information security components.
- Manage relationship and delivery for Third Party Vendors within Data Centres
- Physical Access Management- Input into the development and help maintain site specific IPF access policies and procedures.
- Provide event management for outages and planned maintenance to 3rd party suppliers, including evenings, weekends and bank holiday coverage within the IPF sites.
- Primary and Backup Environmental Systems Assurance- Ensure all site environmental systems conform to standards.
- Act as SME for Technology during planning and execution of Power downs and critical facility works.
- Develop and manage key relationships between internal domain partners, third party vendors / suppliers and Corporate Properties Group stakeholders.
- Proactive Component Monitoring- Ensure all critical environmental systems are proactively monitored.
- Ensure procedures are in place to act timely on events to prevent service disruption.
- Manage Data Centre Governance / Audit Readiness- assist in the completion of Monthly Audit Readiness and Governance procedures and reporting.
- Manage BCP/Disaster recovery events and related simulation exercises.
- Partner with stakeholders (internal and external) and drive decisions to ensure proper strategy, planning, alignment, integration and visibility. Influence senior leaders to balance competing priorities.
- Maintain visibility on day-to-day activities and ensuring sufficient face-time with key stakeholders and management.
- Provide status reporting to internal (technology) and external (business) stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Mitigate risks and address project/operational obstacles as needed.
- Weekends and evening on site work will be required- including escorting or event management (site outages). Some International Travel will be required.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Significant experience in data center management / critical facility environment.
- Detailed, in-depth knowledge of technology infrastructure including data center hardware, servers, networks and platform operations.
- Hands on technical support and operational management of critical services in a high pressure environment.
- Past project execution experience of large scale data center build-outs, new premises build-out and large scale technology/systems integration experience would be advantageous.
*Preferred / Key skills & qualifications:
- Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) qualification
- Data Center Management experience- Specific experience with daily management of data centers including experience with the sunset/decommission of data centers. Previous experience in the environment of small to mid range satellite data center environments servers, switches, infrastructure,UPS,HVAC,PDU,etc
- Strong knowledge of Server / Storage environments for Windows and Unix
- Strong knowledge of Networking within a Data Centre, including Networking desing and protocols for switches, routers, hubs, servers, firewalls, wireless, etc.
- Strong communicator (both written and verbal)
- Ability to be proactive and clearly escalate when risks or issues arise, natural problem solver.
- Good documentation skills with the ability to articulate complex topics in a concise and articulate manner.
- Formal Change, Incident and Problem management knowledge and experience.
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Suite: Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience with hardware activities (decom of racks, cabling, trouble shooting, equipment decommisioning etc.)
- Experience with some form of ticketing system (Remedy based systems preferred)
- Some knowledge of formal Project Management.
- Vendor Relationship Management experience.
- Willing to be on call and responed to events/issues as needed.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.