Technology, Platform, Workplace Engineering Developer, Associate, London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 17 Dec 17 2017-12-17
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB TECHNOLOGY
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
We develop a suite of solutions providing BYOD functionality and provide a secure container across all mobile OS platforms in which the application development community can develop applications. We also define and deliver a seamless mobile strategy, inclusive of service, device and applications across the firm.
The Workplace Engineering Tools Development team creates platforms and solutions for interacting with core workplace infrastructure including e-mail, voice, multimedia, and many other domains.
Our software is the backbone of many foundational services that power work across all divisions of the firm. We work closely with engineering groups to identify opportunities for automation, risk reduction, and enablement of new productivity-enhancing products.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- The candidate should possess strong software engineering skills, including skills in the following disciplines: software architecture and design, debugging, and automated testing
- The candidate will excel in by being able to carefully evaluate difficult technical and operational tradeoffs and communicate them clearly to all levels of management
- Because our team works directly with our clients, being able to gather requirements and explain software development topics to non-developers is important
- In addition, as the team possesses employees of all experience levels, a candidate must be able to work efficiently with a diverse set of individuals
- Further, being able to mentor more junior employees and being able to receive direction from team members at all levels are key skills that will enable success in both the short and long term
- At least 3-5 years of software development experience
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to handle several competing priorities at once
- Experience with both server-side and UI development
- Strong proficiency with Java, C#, or similar OO languages
- Experience with client-side web UI frameworks, for instance ReactJS and AngularJS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.