The purpose of the Technology Project Manager- AVP level role is to plan and manage the delivery of business and IT projects in the Capital Markets department from initiation to closure.
A major international bank based in London.
Technology Project Manager- AVP level Key Responsibilities
The job holders responsibilities include:-
Delivery of projects using agile, waterfall and hybrid frameworks as appropriate. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Developing project plans;
- Identifying resource requirements;
- Establishing and managing the prioritisation of requirements;
- Compiling and tracking the project budget;
- Chairing / facilitating meetings including requirements gathering, planning, working groups and steering groups;
- Compiling and tracking project deliveries, risks and issues;
- Communicating the status of the project honestly, accurately and on a timely basis to the Head of IT Project Management and other stakeholders on an agreed regular basis.
- Ensure they, and their project team, follow the banks project delivery framework.
- Creation and maintenance of key project documentation and related project communication and administration.
- Capture and share learning and experience with other members of the team.
- Provide support to the Head of IT Project Management and others in IT, as required.
Technology Project Manager- AVP Level Experience
Candidates should have
- Experience of delivering projects using agile, waterfall and hybrid methodologies within Financial Services.
- Knowledge of the project and development lifecycles.
- Knowledge of both agile and waterfall project management methodologies
- Experience of or interest in Capital Markets.
- Managed both IT and business focussed projects.
- Experience of delivering projects within a cross-functional matrix environment.
- Delivery and outcome focussed.
- Able to organise themselves and their team.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Problem solver.
- Able to presenting complex subjects in a clear and concise way.
- Able to build relationships at all levels across the whole organisation.
- Am interest in new technologies, ways of working etc.
- Proficient in standard MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Office).
- Professional project management certifications
A competitive package at AVP level.