Technology Project Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Validus Risk Management
- 20 Sep 17
The Project Manager is responsible for: (1) • Project management of application development projects and line management of our quantitative-development team. (2) Management and oversight of third party technology providers including outsourced system administration provider and market data sources such as Bloomberg and Reuters. The ideal candidate has experience in a start-up environment and is comfortable rolling their sleeves up and getting things done. They will also have experience running application development projects and although not a developer they should be familiar with Agile development processes.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3-6 years’ experience working in a project management/oversight type role
- Experience of Agile project management including planning and coordination of sprints and scrum meetings, using tools such as JIRA and implement professional software development lifecycle.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) at all levels of the organisation including experience distilling technical information for consumption by senior management
- People management and team development skills including experience coordinating successful teams of technical experts.
- Experience of working with & managing external third party suppliers
- Develop full-scale project plans including longer term planning, forecasting, and budgeting skills to help assess resources required to implement the company’s ambitious vision.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a get-things-done attitude!
- Excellent organizational skills
DESIRABLE SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Degree in a technical subject such as Maths, Finance, Sciences, Computer Science, Engineering, etc
- Professional experience (>3yrs) in financial markets, ideally including exposure to financial derivatives
- Knowledge/awareness of multiple programming languages
- Systems administration knowledge
- Inquisitive nature, ability to ask the right questions and escalate issues
- Consulting experience, especially from the big 4 (e.g. Deloitte, EY)