Technology Risk Associate
Who we're looking for
We're looking for a Technology Risk Associate to join a global team and support the delivery of the IT Risk Strategy for Schroders.
You'll provide critical support to maintain the Technology risk register. And work with the technology risk team to improve the reliability of IT risk reporting.
We want someone to challenge controls and accompanying policies across the Technology functions. To identify gaps, articulate business impact and agree remediation plans with key stakeholders.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
Technology at Schroders
There's a huge amount of change going on at Schroders. Technology's shaping our business more and more, so there are many opportunities waiting to be grabbed. And because we're a big financial player, we can put hefty backing behind good ideas.
We're a serious business - we have enormous responsibilities to our clients and shareholders. But just because we're suited and booted, that doesn't make us stuffy; our tech teams are friendlier and more informal than you might expect.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
The Schroders Global Information Security function ensures our business is able to operate safely in a dynamic threat and technological environment by effectively managing the risks to its information assets. To achieve this aim, the function contains teams responsible for
Cyber Security, Insider Security, Information Risk Management, Technology Risk and the Information Security Change Programme.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology and Change are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
What you'll do
• Work alongside the Technology teams, being the subject matter expert, to ensure risk is not only considered but evidenced.
• Ensure appropriate knowledge and understanding of Enterprise IT Risk Management and their impact on IT risk reporting
• Support the continuous improvement in risk reporting through adoption of data analytics
• Drive closure of technology issues and actions resulting from audits or other reviews; work with action owners to gather and evaluate appropriates of evidence or escalate appropriately
• Maintain the completeness and accuracy of IT risks and mitigating actions in risk register
• Support the Global Head of Technology Risk and CISO, in the delivery of strategic enhancements to Technology Risk management practice.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Ability to adapt to audience and effectively challenge
• High level appreciation of SMCR
• Understands key concepts in: Cyber security, Cloud infrastructure and modern development methods such as DevOps
• Team player and collaborative; engaging with teams to deliver change
• Capable of multitasking and flexible when priorities shift
• Skilled in data analysis using tools and techniques like Tableau, Alteryx, SQL
• Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement
What you'll be like
• Excited about improving how we work - and how you work
• Good at staying calm under pressure
• Good at working in a team, and with other teams
• Down-to-earth, honest, and straightforward
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.