- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- 23 Apr 18
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Base + Bonus + Benefits + Pension
- Full time
Technology Risk Manager
Schroders Investment Management are seeking an experienced technology risk specialist, the successful candidate will have broad exposure across the business and be facing off with stakeholders at all levels.
Schroders - Technology Risk Manager
Opening date: 21.02.18
Closing date: 22.03.18
Department: Global Technology, London
As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals across the planet meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients’ needs. That’s why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients.
Doing this takes experience and expertise. We bring together people and data to spot the trends that will shape the future. This provides a unique perspective which allows us to always invest with conviction. We are responsible for £418.2 billion (€476.3 billion/$543.3 billion)* of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have 4,100 people across six continents who focus on doing just this.
We are a global business that’s managed locally. This allows us to always keep our clients’ needs at the heart of everything we do. For over two centuries and more than seven generations we’ve grown and developed our expertise in tandem with our clients’ needs and interests. Explore our interactive timeline to see how we’ve been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
Schroders’ culture and core values of Integrity, Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence are fundamental to our success, and it is important we reflect them in everything we do.
Schroders provides industry leading benefits from core components of pension, life assurance and private health care, through to an extensive range of Health and Wellbeing benefits, gym membership in London and an Employee Assistance Programme to improve both the physical and mental wellbeing of our teams.
*as at 30 June 2017
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that’s managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we’ve grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we’ve been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
The Schroders Global Information Security function ensures our business is able to operate safely in a dynamic threat and technological environment by effectively managing the risks to its information assets. To achieve this aim, the function contains teams responsible for Cyber Security, Insider Security, Information Risk Management, Technology Risk and the Information Security Change Programme.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an IT Risk professional to join a global team and support the delivery of the IT Risk Strategy for Schroders. The ideal candidate will be a motivated professional who values integrity and has strong foundations in the Technology Risk and Controls domain. The role also requires the ability build trustworthy relationships and experience in improving the maturity and effectiveness of Technology risk and control environment.
The Technology Risk manager will provide critical execution support on technology, regulatory, risk and audit projects and initiatives across key technology domains. The role will directly report to the Global Head of Technology Risk and will actively contribute to developing and delivering our vision to transform Technology Risk Management through improved governance and control.
• Take the lead in enhancing the risk and control framework through validation of controls and control assessments as per the methodology prescribed by Group Risk
• Support the Global Head of Technology Risk and CISO, to coordinate response to regulatory requests, and the delivery of strategic enhancements to Technology Risk management practice.
• Identify potential control gaps and engage with technology control owners to recommend and help ensure the most effective solution for the business
• Proactively identify emerging risks through working closely with technology teams with an excellent understanding of the business context
• Maintain the completeness and accuracy of IT risks and mitigating actions in risk register
• Drive closure of technology issues and actions resulting from audits or other reviews; work with action owners to gather and evaluate appropriates of evidence or escalate appropriately
• Assist in preparation of pack for the monthly Global Technology Risk Committee
• Coordinate the delivery of external audit commitments
The role does not include line management responsibilities.
General and Technical Skills:
• Experience in Technology Risk, Technology Audit or related field
• Experience with SSAE16/ISAE3402/AAF reporting requirements
• Proven ability to analyse and manage issues through to resolution
• Inspiring and collaborative leader; engaging with teams to deliver change
• Ability to build trustworthy relationships
• Capable of multitasking and flexible when priorities shift
• Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.