Technology Risk Manager
At Monzo, we're building a bank that is fair, transparent and delightful to use. We have been growing quickly, with over 4 million customers in the UK. To ensure that Monzo can both grow and stay in control, we're looking for a pragmatic, collaborative and ambitious Technology Risk Manager to join our second line of defence Operational Risk team.
Your role will focus on helping us understand and manage the risks arising from our use of technology. This will include areas such as the way we develop products, use cloud technology, operate our banking platform, integrate with third parties or respond and recover from incidents.
You'll be a part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver effective risk management at Monzo and work closely with other risk professionals, as well as teams across the bank. We're looking for someone who cares deeply about understanding our business, customers and risks and can communicate and drive actions. You'll spend your time:
You should apply if:
- Developing and implementing Monzo's technology risk management framework, designing or reviewing a range of risk appetites, policies, procedures, and controls; as well as undertaking key tasks in technology risk management on a day to day basis
- Representing the Operational Risk team as a subject-matter expert, providing input on Monzo's strategic plans and projects, and reviewing initiatives from teams such as Product and Platform
- Partnering with business teams to help develop new products, features and solutions by embedding good risk practices
- Conducting in-depth reviews to assess risks and controls
- Making risk meaningful and relevant to everyone at Monzo, and sharing best practice in clear easy to understand language
- Producing opinions and reporting on Monzo's technology risk position for senior management, Executive Committees and the Board
- Following up on incidents and collaborating with teams to find solutions
- You have experience in overseeing technology risk, including performing technology risk and control assessments in regulated financial service environments
- You have experience independently managing projects, interacting with a range of different and unique stakeholders simultaneously on different topics
- You can provide effective challenge whilst building strong, respectful relationships
- You are hands-on, great at execution, and care about the detail
- You are great at asking incisive questions to pick things up and act on them quickly
- You are comfortable working in a fast paced environment where the day to day job differs
- What we are doing here at Monzo excites you
The application process consists of a short phone interview and technical screening, then a couple of on-site interviews at our office in London.
We offer a competitive salary plus other benefits .
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us at Monzo - if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent in the world, and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
If you prefer to work part-time, from home or as a job-share, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life harmony.