Technology Risk Manager
Who we're looking for
This is a fantastic opportunity for an IT Risk professional to join a global team and support the delivery of the IT Risk Strategy for Schroders. The ideal candidate will be a motivated professional who values integrity and has strong foundations in the Technology Risk and Controls domain. The role also requires the ability build trustworthy relationships and experience in improving the maturity and effectiveness of Technology risk and control environment.
The Technology Risk manager will provide critical execution support on technology, regulatory, risk and audit engagements and initiatives across key technology domains. The role will directly report to the Global Head of Technology Risk and will actively contribute to developing and delivering our vision of an effective Technology Risk Management function. Come join us on our journey of significant change and adoption of new technologies that prepare our firm achieve our strategic goals. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. Technology at Schroders
There's a huge amount of change going on at Schroders. Technology's shaping our business more and more, so there are many opportunities waiting to be grabbed. And because we're a big financial player, we can put hefty backing behind good ideas.
We're a serious business - we have enormous responsibilities to our clients and shareholders. But just because we're suited and booted, that doesn't make us stuffy; our tech teams are friendlier and more informal than you might expect. The base
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly. The team
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that's managed locally, and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices.
The Schroders Global Information Security function ensures our business can operate safely in a dynamic threat and technological environment by effectively managing the risks to its information assets. To achieve this aim, the function contains teams responsible for Cyber Security, Threat Intelligence, Governance Risk and Compliance, Technology Risk and the Information Security Change Programme. What you'll do
The 1st line technology risk function at Schroders is a dynamic team, consistently in demand, for providing guidance and challenge to deliver change and maintain systems in a secure and resilient manner. As part of the team you will join the firm's journey and contribute towards our strategic goal of cloud enabled solutions as well as activities that improve our operational resilience. Key responsibilities include:
- Proactively identify emerging risks and engage with technology teams, across various business domains, with an excellent understanding of the business context
- Develop framework and liaise with control owners and senior stakeholders, Heads of IT from the business domains, on risk and control assessments
- Drive closure of technology issues and actions resulting from audits or other reviews; work with action owners to gather and evaluate appropriates of evidence or escalate appropriately
- Lead the planning and running of external audit coordination activities
- Collaborate with the wider Information security, Software Engineering and Infrastructure Production teams to improve processes that further operational resilience
- Collate risk MI and report for the monthly Global Technology Risk Committees
- Support the Global Head of Technology Risk and CISO & Head of Enterprise Technology, to coordinate response to regulatory requests, and the delivery of strategic enhancements to Technology Risk management practice
The role does not include line management responsibilities. The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Experience in Technology Risk, Technology Audit or related field
- Experience with SSAE16/ISAE3402/AAF reporting requirements
- Working knowledge of Tableau or other data visualisation tools
- Experience in presenting and articulating risks to senior stakeholders
- Must be comfortable with navigating ambiguity to extract meaningful insights
What you'll be like
- Qualifications: CRISC, CISA, ISMS Auditor
- Knowledge of Agile change delivery methodology
- Knowledge of DevOps and Shift left concepts
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
- Demonstrates strength in building trustworthy relationships
- Proven ability to analyse and manage issues through to resolution
- Inspiring and collaborative leader; engaging with teams to deliver change
- Capable of multitasking and flexible when priorities shift
- Continuous improvement mind-set and seeks self-improvement
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.