Technology & Cyber Risk Management – Senior Manager
Exciting opportunity to join our Risk Management Group, Operational Risk and Governance division. This is a fantastic role to apply your stakeholder relationship, persuasiveness, and risk management skills and experience.
This role is within Risk Management Group, Operational Risk and Governance, an independent and centralised function, responsible for assessing and managing material risks across Macquarie, as well as designing and overseeing the implementation of the risk management framework with a technology focus. You will also be required to provide insight on Technology & Cyber Risk to the Board.
You will work with both regional technology and business stakeholders to gain an understanding of the end-to-end risk profiles, key processes, and where appropriate act as a catalyst for change. You will review and challenge technology risk assessments, issues, incidents, reporting, and assurance activities completed by the business or line 1 technology risk team.
You will be the responsible for managing all regional risk management across USA and Europe. This includes all risk management - issues, new product approvals and incidents.
You are required to conduct an independent assurance review over targeted technology risk areas as well as applying analytics to operational risk data to identify risks and trends to improve technology & cyber risk management.
You will also take responsibility for new & emerging threats - this will require you to work with 1LOD to review recent industry and external events to ensure that these learnings are shared within the group.
You will provide insights and advice to businesses on the best practice for control design, measurement, analysis, evaluation and reporting of technology operational risk and where appropriate you will respond to requests from various stakeholders including regulators, auditors and senior management.
What we are looking for:
- Extensive experience in Operational Risk, Technology (Cloud, Networks, Applications, Infrastructure, Data Analytics), Internal and/or External Audit gained within an international financial institution and/or professional services firm.
- Strong problem-solving, persuasive skills and an ability to grasp abstract concepts and complex technology situations to challenge the status quo and further develop and build on our Operational Risk Management Framework
- Excellent communication skill, both verbal and written, with the ability to initiate and lead conversations with technology and business leaders and risk colleagues regarding anticipated and emerging issues.
- Tertiary degree in Information Technology or a related area as well as professional qualifications (CISA, CISM, CCSP, CISSP, CA) or relevant postgraduate degrees will be advantageous.
- Experience or a good knowledge of the regulatory requirements and landscape in which Macquarie operates will be important to help you succeed within the role.
You will join an experienced team, working independently and collaboratively within a global matrixed organisation to deliver results whilst showing the tenacity, agility and a proven ability to sustain high levels of performance in a fast-paced, output focused environment.
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you, please apply via the link below. About the Risk Management Group
The Risk Management Group (RMG) is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Behavioural Risk, Compliance, Credit, Financial Crime Risk, Internal Audit, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Regulatory Affairs and Aggregate Risk, and RMG Enterprise Support. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.