Telecom Infrastructure Sales
As part of Macquarie's global growth strategy, we are seeking an analyst with expertise in the telecom infrastructure space to manage valuing, buying and selling secondhand/used telecom equipment. In this role, you will need to understand the history of telecom equipment and apply that knowledge to assessing investment opportunities for structured financing and trading. To be considered for the role, you'll have worked for a telecom company or a relevant third-party equipment service and trading company specializing in telecom equipment.
Ideally, this role will be based in San Diego, but we also have the option to place this candidate in our Seattle, London or Jacksonville office.
On a day to day basis, we'll be relying on you to make speculative equipment purchases and provide marketing support for the broader sales team. You'll identify and acquire available equipment and execute the transaction, facilitating contracts, de-installation, transportation, and storage services for the acquired equipment. You'll also identify future customers and resell the equipment, handling the sales strategy and re-marketing efforts globally.
Supporting lease origination, you'll provide regular updates on technology trends and create target asset lists to drive future business. You'll also perform periodic portfolio reviews and review configurations of equipment submitted for lease pricing, advising management on residual values, driving risk appetite.
The daily activity that supports the main objectives above will include:
- setup a sales network of end users, re-furbishers, brokers and scrap dealers for the sale and disposal of assets
- market research and new lead generation
- facilitate technology research by attending conferences and seminars, as well as meeting with OEM's to keep up to date market roadmaps, product announcements and presentation materials
- networking with customers, refurbishers, OEMS and brokers
- collaborate with other members of the Commodities and Global Markets team and other internal Macquarie business units
- inspect equipment and identify configuration of the equipment, missing parts and other necessary upgrades prior to the resell process
The successful candidate will have;
- a deep knowledge of radio and core infrastructure, both from a market insight and technology infrastructure level
- an extensive network of technology contacts and active relationships with vendors, CSPs and resellers globally.
- the ability to collect, track and interpret data and apply the knowledge to forecasts of value. This person must be comfortable in face-to-face meetings. This position requires in-person, multi-level sales strategies and abilities, and the successful candidate must have a natural talent to influence, negotiate, sell and build rapport.
- a successful track record of selling used Telco equipment through multiple channels.
- a degree in business or engineering
- least five years' experience working for an original equipment manufacturer, telco or third-party service provider that specializes in the telecom industry.
TMT Leasing & Trading (TMT) is a division of SAF that focuses on financing a broad range of equipment including a substantial focus on technology and manufacturing equipment. Business is generated across the full spectrum of customers and deal types, ranging from structured transactions for large publicly listed customers to small ticket SMB flow business supporting global vendor partners.
Specialised and Asset Finance Group (SAF) sits within the Commodities and Global Markets (CGM) division of Macquarie and provides innovative and traditional capital, finance and related services to clients operating in selected international markets. With offices in Australia, New Zealand, Asia, North America and Europe, Specialised and Asset Finance provides:
- leasing and asset finance
- tailored debt and finance solutions
- asset remarketing, sourcing and trading.
SAF is a leading structured & asset finance and leasing specialist. It is responsible for the investment in and financing of capital equipment in industries where earnings flow from the use of these assets. SAF provides finance solutions for government and corporate markets and are one of the largest independent providers of operating lease finance in the Asia-Pacific region as well as having significant operations in Europe and North America. SAF has approximately 900 staff engaged in leasing and asset finance / lending activities in diverse asset classes across various locations through Australia, Asia, Europe, and North America.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers