Our client is a leading international investment bank based in the City. They are seeking a Payroll Analyst to join their finance division for an initial 6-month basis, taking responsibility for a number of payrolls across the UK and EMEA regions. The ideal candidate
will have at least 3-5 years of experience working within the payroll function of a fast-paced financial services firm, and will be comfortable working with complex tasks in a demanding professional environment. Description
- Analyse and process multiple UK and EMEA payrolls in line with local and regional tax regulations, payroll and wage reporting rules within monthly vendor and processing timelines.
- Perform detailed calculations of wages and applicable deductions based on employee contracts and internal compensation rules.
- Input and update key payroll and compensation details for processing, issuing earnings summaries as appropriate.
- Complete detailed variance and control checks and analyses per the firm's SOX and other control measures.
- Maintain payroll processing by gathering, calculating, and inputting data.
- Detailed PAYE and compensation calculations per UK HMRC PAYE rules.
- Ability to co-ordinate and oversee up to 4 EMEA payrolls.
- Handle enquiries regarding monthly pay, deductions, and tax from employees, external vendors and tax authorities.
- Adhere to payroll policies and procedures and comply with relevant laws.
- Identify, investigate and resolve discrepancies in compensation and variance records.
- Handle confidential and highly sensitive personal information.
- Complete compensation controls for managerial review.
- Determine the organisation's tax obligations by calculating national and council taxes as well as National Insurance contributions.
- Liaise with the Financial Accounting team responsible for booking the compensation to the firm’s ledger.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in UK and EMEA payroll processes.
- Ability to work with financial data, spreadsheets and automation programs.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task whilst working in a fast-paced environment.
- Logical mind-set, able to problem-solve.
- System-liteate: ability to manipulate MS office applications and Web/Java-based systems.
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- Ability to handle a heavy workload in an extremely busy role, with good verbal communication.
- Takes initiative - capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of regional tax procedures.
- Familiarity with benefits and other wage deductions.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Sound decision-making skills.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, contact Tamara McCallum or Sam van Staden at Walker Hamill quoting reference SVS51249.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see the Walker Hamill website.