Test Automation Engineer
The C&IS Technology Department is looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic, nimble, and pragmatic individual with a digital mindset to join our team as a Test Automation Engineer. What You Will Do:
As an engineer within our team, you will be responsible for collaborating with a geographically dispersed, agile team to develop and maintain automation tests within the defined automation framework. We are looking for an individual that has experience developing, optimizing, and refactoring automated tests and utilities with a passion for growing skills as well as solving complex and challenging problems. The ideal candidate should demonstrate some of the following qualifications:
• A College or University degree in Computer Science or related field of study or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated experience pairing with developers to design, build, and improve test automation
• Hands-on DevOps experience developing and delivering products in a collaborative, agile team environment
• Demonstrated experience coding in Java 8 with multi-threading, thread safe collections
• Demonstrated experience using Selenium to automate UI tests
• Demonstrated experience with TestNG, writing assertions
• Demonstrated experience with Restful Services/Web Services testing using Java
• CI/CD experience using Bamboo or any other CI/CD tool
• Proven ability to write automated test scripts to verify data structures, data formats and data values using: Java, JUnit, TestNG (writing assertions), Selenium, Cucumber, Maven, Gradle, Apache Restful Services, Apache POI, Spring
• Strong collaboration, communication, and coaching skills The following knowledge and skills are preferred but not essential:
• Experience with database development concepts (MarkLogic or Oracle)
• Experience in API testing, XML, Web Services, REST API
• Experience with load and/or performance testing tools
• Knowledge of Java, Java web applications, and modern Spring Frameworks (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud Services, Spring Security, etc.)
• Experience working on messaging based applications/services and service contracts
• Knowledge of testing cloud-based and micro-service-based applications About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.