Test Engineer - Test Analyst - Data - SQL Server - Agile - DevOps
- £550 - £600 per day
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Cornwallis Elt
- 02 Jan 19
Test Engineer –Automation – Test Analyst - Data - SQL Server – Agile – DevOps - A Test Engineer / Test Analyst is required to join our clients London based QA / test team on an initial 12 month contract. The Test
Engineer will work on a global initiative to ensure that developments to the in house data warehouse are tested and automated correctly using best practice test techniques. This system is a SQL Server data repository which holds historical and real time records for the companies funds and trading.
The test team are currently building out their test automation framework and require the Test Engineer to have strong experience with automation testing with tools like Selenium, FitNesse OR QTP. The environment is an Agile one and the team have frequent SCRUM meetings and work to fortnightly sprint cycles. This test team work closely with developers (.Net / JAVA and SQL) and for this a DevOps mindset and or DevOps experience would be highly useful.
Initially the focus will be on ensuring the scripts that run to ensure a daily bulk data file are working and tested as data leaves one Oracle system and enters the clients on prem SQL Server datawarehouse. A key part of the role is ensuring that this data arrives and is loaded correctly, experience working with source and or target data validation will be key as will be a deep knowledge of SQL Server (90%) and Oracle Databases (10%).
This role is part of a larger ongoing project bringing together the two systems (Oracle and SQL Server) into one system, therefore data conversion experience is very important for this Test Engineer / Test Analyst.
- Data Testing: It is essential for this role that the data test engineer has experience testing large volume and real time data warehouses or large SQL databases and data-sets.
- Agile / Scrum: Solid experience in a modern SCRUM environment (V-model where you specialise in testing but can help out with other things)
- Automation: Experience with developing/utilising automation frameworks (having architected is important but experience utilising custom/lightweight frameworks within an Agile environment works too!
- Coding Experience: SQL and C# would be highly beneficial for this. Knowledge of frameworks that support in house developed SQL databases such as BDD or Python would be advantageous.
- Excellent SQL skills (joining many tables, unions, aggregating, having statements, etc.)
- Dev Ops exposure/mindset: Should have good exposure if experienced in modern SCRUM. Ideally we need someone who aims at partnering with development in building automated tests attached to a build process, who builds tests while the development team is coding, etc.)
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50. You can also follow our live roles on the website at http://www.cornwalliselt.com/live_roles and on Twitter: https://twitter.com/cornwalliselt