Third Party/Outsourcing Operational Risk Manager (VP)
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The non-financial risk management (NFRM) organization was established to enable more consistent oversight of compliance risk and operational risk, which includes business continuity management, IT/cyber, and third-party risk. Third party and outsourcing relationships can potentially increase the bank's exposure to operational risk and this role will support the approach to the management of Outsourcing and Third Party Risk both regionally, for the UK entities, and globally as part of the wider NFRM team which includes resilience, technology and cyber risk.
In the role, you will be a proactive and pragmatic second line of defence (2LoD) risk manager who understands the risks of supply chain, third party and outsourcing exposure and can confidently articulate views, provide challenge and risk opinion at various committees and team meetings. Recognised as a self-starter, the ideal candidate will be proficient at building global and regional relationships at all levels, including frequent cross team interaction with control groups, regional business continuity management (BCM) and internal audit, whilst developing a full understanding of the third party risks and issues that directly affect U.K. legal entities.
In addition to regional responsibility, you will primarily work with the global lead to help build out the third party and outsourcing risk capability within NFRM which includes understanding and translating risks into clear actions for resolution to be addressed by first line of defence (1LoD) functions.
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards. Summary Key Responsibilities
Regional team lead for UK entities and member of the UK Service Management Committee Assess and challenge whether adequate oversight and controls commensurate to the level of risk are in place Cascade global risk themes to regional committees and challenge compliance to bank wide standards Coordinate with the team to deliver departmental strategy and targeted risk reviews Support strategic vendor reviews in partnership with the Vendor Management Office (VMO) Lead for incidents and metrics risk analysis, reviews and read-across Member of the Incident Data Working Group to represent the NFRM Outsourcing and Third Party Risk team for further improvements of the incident tracking system of the bank with regard to third party related incidents Support the identification of risk in critical vendor engagements at each stage of the lifecycle Coordinate with key partners, other NFRM teams and control groups Active participation in the global third party risk management committee Challenge outsourcing initiatives and their compliance with applicable internal CS Policies and Standards Proficient at data analysis and production of risk related management information Review and challenge results of management's ongoing monitoring of outsourcing relationships and services from an operational risk perspective (monitoring of outsourcers activities and performance, risk and control indicators, business continuity management and disaster recovery testing, ongoing assessment of the outsourcers control environment) You Offer
- Proven financial sector experience, preferably with risk management, internal audit, operational risk, legal or compliance exposure in an investment or large commercial bank, accountancy/consultancy firm or regulator.
- It is essential you have experience in supply chain / third parties / outsourcing and risk management frameworks.
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail with the ability to assess and challenge findings.
- Outstanding PowerPoint presentation skills, data analysis, Spreadsheet and reporting skills would be a plus!
- Ability to build effective collaborative networks, influence partners and establish credibility
- Strong organizational, analytical, multitask and prioritize matters effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and positive relationship skills. Demonstrate high level of integrity, quality standards and dedication.
- Graduate qualification or equivalent experience.
- Hardworking, results-oriented individual with outstanding written and verbal communication skill.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success