Total Return Analyst
- Dependent on Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Local Pensions Partnership Ltd
- 23 Jul 18 2018-07-23
LPP is looking to recruit an Analyst to join its growing Total Return team. LPP’s Total Return allocation seeks to generate liquid returns independent of equities through allocation to diversifying strategies, the majority of which are overseen by third party investment managers. Strategies are implemented across asset classes to exploit relative value and directional opportunities, alongside alternative asset class exposures like property catastrophe insurance.
This exciting opportunity will expose the Analyst to many of the best managers in the alternatives industry, and provide a platform to build relationships and skills through manager monitoring, manager research and portfolio analysis. As the team looks to build out its internal capabilities in the alternative risk premia space, the scope to learn, develop and to assume responsibility is high. The position will expose the Analyst to a wide range of asset classes and investment strategies, and allow for creative application of quantitative and qualitative skills.
- Assist the Investment Director in identifying and proposing appropriate recommendations in relation to new investment opportunities, implemented either through external asset managers or internally developed strategies
- Assist the Investment Director in completing due diligence of investment opportunities, authoring due diligence materials and attending Investment Committee meetings when appropriate
- Support effective running of external fund manager meetings and be responsible for upkeep of meeting notes, proactively following up on all subsequent action points as necessary
- Accountable for the proactive monitoring of external managers and implementing strategies in the Total Return portfolio as directed by the Investment Director, Total Return
- Lead on the management and monitoring of manager and allocation level targets, reviewing investment information from the fund managers to ensure the LPPI Total Return assets are managed in accordance to expected targets, returns, investment guidelines and parameters
- Accountable for ongoing maintenance and development of existing portfolio monitors and reports for third party consumption, contributing to the quarterly and annual Total Return Portfolio reporting process and other reports as required and/or directed by the Investment Director
- Proactively support the Investment Operations team as required
- Continually develop both knowledge and skill in the professional investments arena by maintaining up to date information in relation to market development and regulation changes, through the attendance of external seminars and other professional courses as necessary
- To contribute and actively support the LPPI’s equality programme, both internally and externally, along with all other corporate policy initiatives as directed
The post holder will demonstrate:
- Ideally one to two years investment management experience gained within a relevant organisation (asset owner, asset manager or investment consultant)
- Degree level educated ideally within a Business, Finance, Science, Maths or Engineering discipline. Alternative degree fields also considered
- Demonstrable quantitative and qualitative analytical knowledge and skills combined with an intellectual curiosity with regards investment and sources of return
- Programming knowledge and skills desirable although not essential. Willingness to learn and use the programming language ‘R’ is essential
- Ability to apply numerical, analytical and report writing skills, including a working knowledge of MS office tools, through research and report writing to assist in the communication of key messages and to facilitate discussions and decision making
- Effective communication skills including the ability to influence and build good working relationships at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to build professional network and seek business opportunities within respective asset classes
- A proactive, self-motivated team player who has the ability to manage a high personal workload with multiple deadlines
- The ability to understand and support the LPPI’s commitment to combat discrimination and promote equality of opportunity
How to Apply
You can apply for this role by submitting a CV and covering letter confirming your current remuneration package.
Please note that as part of the recruitment process, candidates may be invited to complete both ability and psychometric assessments and will receive feedback.
We regret that we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
Applications should be sent ideally by email to
email@example.com or to the HR team based at LPP, 2nd Floor 169 Union Street, London, SE1 0LL by the closing date below. For any questions around applying and/or further details in relation to the position please do not hesitate to contact the HR team on 0207-369-6030
Closing date for applications: We invite all applicants to apply as soon as possible and please note that the campaign will close when sufficient applications have been received.
LPP is keen to promote a diverse workforce to maximise our ability to provide quality services to all our customers. All applicants who are known to be disabled and who meet the minimum criteria for the role will progress to the next stage of the recruitment process.