A well renowned Quantitative focused Investment Manager is looking to add to their Trade Execution team. Their ideal candidate will have a solid academic background, preferably from a problem-solving discipline such as Maths, Engineering and/or Physics. Applicants with algorithmic trading experience will have an advantage, however, they are willing to consider candidates from other backgrounds such as middle office and treasury who can make the step up.
This new hire will join their 24-hour Statistical Arbitrage Execution desk and will have exposure to all major markets globally. The successful candidate will gain significant experience in market structures, analysing trading strategies/signals and suggesting improvements, one will also have the opportunity to develop coding skills.
This role is based in their satellite office, and while relocation might present a hurdle, the upside is that it provides a rare opportunity for someone to gain trading experience in a globally renowned Hedge Fund. Nice private accommodation is provided as part of the re-location package and the monetary benefits of working for a hedge fund in a low tax environment make it a very lucrative opportunity.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring algorithmic trading for multiple strategies across London, New York and Tokyo. Primarily across FX, Commodities, Equities and Swaps.
- Highlight any anomalies in trading and work out why this may be the case, halting trading in any securities/markets if necessary.
- Improving current trading strategies and analysing any underperformance of the current strategies and how to better them.
- Preparation of strategies prior to market open – ensuring that services are connected to brokers/exchange, inserting of corporate actions, correcting any errors in the process etc.
- Monitor any latency which may occur during trading and investigate.
- Monitoring risk parameters.
- Analysing opportunities to expand the company’s current signals.
- Actively work with Software Developers and Quants to improve in house systems and the strategic performance of the funds.
- Improving the efficiency of the company’s process – exchange costings, new order types, new brokers.
- Interface between different areas of the business to implement any new changes.
- Relevant experience from working in a Trading firm, Hedge Fund, Investment Bank or other transferable finance experience
- Ideally some experience working in an algo trading environment
- Graduated with a numerical focused Degree from a reputable university, along with having strong Maths grades from both A levels and GCSE’s (or equivalent).
- Good Excel skills and other technical skills would be a plus