Trade Floor Support
- Competitive plus benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Investec Bank plc
- 14 Feb 18 2018-02-14
IT Trade Floor Support specialist supporting our Front End Trade Floors
Trade floor Support Engineer
Service Desk Team Lead
Description of Role and Key Responsibilities
• Provide service level 1/2/3 Desktop Support to Traders/Corporate Finance/Research users
• Ensure timely resolution within SLA of all technology issues by managing through to resolution all issues and being the main point of contact for the business.
• Participate in On call support rota and provide out of hours point of escalation for Front Office IT issues.
• Enhance Knowledge Management by documenting new/changed tasks, resolution procedures, known errors, system documents, etc.
• Work on adhoc projects
• Maintain relationships with in house application and infrastructure support teams for escalation management
• Working knowledge of FX, Commodities and cash Equities trade flow and business processes – or comparable market (i.e. Fixed Income).
Core Skills and Attributes
• Analytical, ability to arrive any solutions that fit current of future business processes.
• Effective writing and verbal communication to deliver required documentation and understanding of business requirements.
• Business / market / product knowledge – solution and opportunity delivery.
• Knowledge of Market data and impact to the business
• Ability to liaise with vendors and brokers maintaining relationships to ensure timely resolution of trading issues
• Essential exposure to FO application set including Bloomberg, Factset, Reuters, Reuters Dealing and Excel pricing tools.
• Microsoft Windows 7 & 10 operating system for desktop
• Microsoft applications – including Office365
• Interbank/dealer/BrokerTrading applications – web based, packaged and some in-house developed
• Remote assistance tools
• Citrix support
• Mobile device support including wireless connectivity
Personal attributes and other requirements
Deal with pressure