Trade Management Middle Office Oversight Analyst - Senior Associate
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Trade Management Middle Office Oversight Analyst - Senior AssociateThe candidate will be expected to support the day to day running of the team, with responsibility for the provision of a premier service standard to the State Street IMS client base.
The team is responsible for
- Overseeing all aspects of the trade confirmation, settlement, reconciliation investigation, IBOR integrity and ALERT maintenance processes for our global teams based in Krakow, Mumbai and Coimbatore.
- Products range includes Equities, Fixed Income, REPO, Clean Cash, NPV's, Novations, Spot & Forward FX transactions, and Unitised Funds.
- The Oversight Analyst is required to:
- Ensure that our trade confirmation teams are managing the process sufficiently throughout the working day and clearing all exceptions from the relevant system queues prior to EOD and in conjunction with custodian, market and client deadlines. Sensitivity to be applied to high risk markets and currencies.
- Monitor reporting from our JV Settlements teams in India, and FX teams in Poland in relation to processed and unmatched/failed trades.
- Demonstrate an awareness of market / settlement risk for any exceptions listed.
- Provide guidance to the team and escalate as appropriate to internal management and broker / custodian relationship managers / clients.
- Work closely with our Trade Investigation team on stock and cash reconciliation breaks that pertain to trade related activity.
- Observe client SLA levels for break clearance assist JV partners navigate the various areas of State Street to achieve closure.
- Ensure close monitoring of teams responsible for manual input of transaction into IMS IBOR offering, RKS.
- Encourage timely and accurate input to minimise errors on client book of records.
- Assist the centralised ALERT maintenance team with system knowledge and accesses to ensure client SSI records are loaded in a timely and accurate manner.
- Observe upcoming market event that may result in peaks of SSI change activity.
- Assist team leads & management to create a high standard of Governance & Control with regards to offshored processes.
- This includes, but is not limited to, review of daily email inboxes, monitoring of system queues and team reporting, logging and recording of errors in relevant IMS platforms, weekly touch point discussions with offshore partners and involvement of the monthly governance process.
- Work collaboratively to build trusted working relationships via close liaison with internal cross functional global teams including Database Management, Corporate Actions, Reconciliation and IT, as well as London based Business Control team and client facing Business Management team.
- Also critical to build effective direct working relationships with client Middle and Front Office teams.
- Observe SSC wide and IMS led Business Control procedures and policies regarding manual instruction authentication, storage of SSI / BDI, usage of key controls performed by macros. The role holder will also be responsible for the support of timely and accurate KPI, KRI and general MIS, as well as input into the process of broker performance management, supporting regular review meetings where required.
- Candidates for this position will ideally have gained at least three years of direct experience processing domestic and international Equity, Fixed Income, Cash Deposit, Clean Cash, NPV's, Novations, Spot and Forward FX transactions within a similar Investment Management organisation, Broker-Dealer or Global Custodian, or will have been educated to a comparable level.
- Previous Oversight experience is also desirable.
- The individual must display the capability to be highly detail-oriented and motivated, be able to adopt an analytical approach to data output and display a high standard of accuracy and professionalism at all times.
- First class written and verbal communication skills are essential to maintaining both internal and external stakeholder and client relationships.
- The candidate will be expected to display the ability to work well within a deadline driven team environment. Prior knowledge of trade confirmation / settlement / STP is extremely beneficial, as is experience using Omgeo CTM, GTSS (for Foreign Exchange) and local middleware matching products. Intermediate Excel, Word and Power Point skills preferred.