Trade Monitoring & Surveillance Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- GVC Holdings UK Ltd
- 14 Feb 19
We are currently seeking to hire a trade-monitoring specialist who has previous experience within a trade-monitoring role. The nature of the work requires someone with a good understanding of capital markets activities, CFDs and spread betting. A good awareness of Market Abuse regulations as well as FCA rules and general compliance oversight functions. Performing monitoring duties in the London branch reporting to the Head of Compliance.
Duties would include:
- promptly monitoring, investigating and clearly communicate issues arising from the electronic trade surveillance monitoring activities
- Maintaining and monitoring a database of remedial actions/recommendations arising from trade surveillance.
- Developed monitoring methodology based upon analysis of anomalies in trading patterns and behaviours.
- Perform other monitoring duties including email and phone call monitoring
- Preparation of written reports for submission to relevant business areas
- Assisting in regulatory and internal policy and procedural writing and updating
- Escalate issues proactively and timely
- Actively participate in investigations into incidents arising within the business lines as required.
- Maintain a detailed working knowledge of the FCA rules and regulations, and a broad awareness of Market abuse and other regulatory and exchange rules and regulations as required and analysing their impact upon the electronic trade surveillance monitoring programme
- Attend relevant industry and trade association seminars
- Maintaining a good working relationship with traders.
degree or equivalent experience essential