FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
Trade Support & Settlements Officer
My client, a leading wealth management business in the City, is looking for a dynamic individual to join their Settlements and Trade Support team.
Providing day to day support on a busy settlements desk covering Crest, International and Collective Investments, working closely with the trading desk and other teams within Operations.
This person needs to be able to work in a high volume and fast paced role but be personable and able to fit into a close knit, friendly team environment. You will need to have previous settlements experience, preferably with CREST knowledge and ideally come from a similar investment services / wealth management background.
- Ensuring timely settlement of all trades including but not limited to equities, Gilts/bonds, funds, Internationals and structured products.
- Confirming trades with counterparties and amending trades as required.
- Crest Checking and Foreign checking on internal systems.
- Checking trades for accuracy and report exceptions as necessary
- Reviewing daily trade files from custodians to ensure all trades are matched and address any issues.
- Investigating and resolving any failed trades, non-receipts and interest claims.
- Liaising with Wealth Managers/Custodians on a day to day basis ensuring all trades are completed and/or settled in a timely manner.
- Follow up with Unit Trust Manager for contract notes and subsequent input of trades to internal systems.
- Using of EMX to generate contract notes for trades placed.
- Input of contracts into the system with settlement instructions/ confirmation details.
- Back up for administration of all dealing error trades and subsequent reconciliation and reporting.
- Reconciliation of positions held by 3rd party custodians.
- FX booking.
- Completion of Fund Application forms where required.
- Payments for trades that require funds in advance.
- Monitoring Margin Accounts.
- Ensure that accurate controls and records are maintained as instructed by the Team Leader.
- Dealing with internal and external queries.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Settlements experience in equities, Gilts/bonds, funds, Internationals and structured products
- Retail financial services, investment management, brokerage background is desirable
- Understanding of Crest and the major international markets
- Knowledge of Pershing (UK) operations, systems and policies is an advantage
- Financial exams advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good organisational and attention to detail
- GBP0.00 - GBP35000.00 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick