Trading Application Support Engineer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Broadway Technology
- 15 May 19
Do you enjoy working with customers to find and resolve bottlenecks within complex systems? Do you get bored doing the same tasks every day? Do you get excited coming up with creative solutions to hard problems? Broadway is looking for a master troubleshooter for the fast-paced trading floors of some of the world's largest financial institutions. This is a unique opportunity to flex every ounce of technical muscle you have to enhance, debug, and fix the inevitable glitch on trading systems that are responsible for billions of dollars of notional a day.
This is not your typical support desk, nor is it for the faint of heart. This is your opportunity to be at the forefront of one of the most exciting areas in financial technology – electronic trading. It requires a geek-meets-adventurer personality that thrives on facing challenges head-on in new and unfamiliar environments. You will be backed up by our world-class team of developers and have an arsenal of diagnostic tools at your disposal.
- Interacting with a wide spectrum of people at customer sites, from heads of trading desks to developers to systems administrators.
- Handling pressure-filled situations involving millions of dollars of trades while remaining cool and collected
- Thinking on your feet to address issues ranging from missing trades to exchange connectivity problems to system outages.
- Proactively preventing future problems by coming up with both tactical and strategic solutions
- 2-5 years previous experience in a customer support role - trading support experience is a MUST
- Strong attention to detail, self-management, initiative, discipline, and follow-through
- Exceptional problem solving ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Unrelenting dedication to customer success
- Familiarity with SQL and databases
- Bachelor’s Degree - economics, business, or engineering preferred
Familiarity with at least one scripting or object-oriented programming language
Experience working with UNIX/Linux
About Broadway Technology
Founded in 2003, Broadway has nearly 200 employees worldwide with offices in New York, Austin, London, Waterloo, Toronto and Christchurch. Our founders are industry-recognized innovators (as well as MIT and Cornell alum) with advanced CS/engineering degrees and 15+ years leading high-tech ventures. We are a leading provider of advanced high-performance financial trading solutions. Our proprietary software platform is an open, flexible, complete solution for screen and automated trading operations of any size and complexity. We've delivered some of the world’s most advanced trading systems to premier global banks, proprietary trading groups, and hedge funds. Our software manages billions of dollars in transactions across five continents daily. We take a rapid, methodical approach to development, and we focus on creating solutions that solve our clients’ immediate needs yet can evolve and scale as needs change. We also believe that creating the best technology is not enough. We have a deep commitment to providing the best service and support in the industry. We partner with our customers to solve the hardest problems they face and ensure they achieve their goals. We are hands-on and solutions-oriented, and we understand that we succeed only when our customers succeed.