Trading Application Support Specialist
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- Emagine Consulting
- 18 Jul 18 2018-07-18
Role Title: Trading Application Support Specialist
Role Type: Long term project
Start Date: Immediate
Are you a confident Front Office Application Support Specialist with recent experience within a banking environment?
Do you have experience of maintaining global trading systems, with exposure to the full trading lifecycle and strong business knowledge?
If so, then this is the perfect career opportunity for you!
We have an exciting opportunity available for an Application Support Professional to join an existing project with emagine Consulting in London.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will possess:
- Level 1-2 front office trading application and system support, with experience of onboarding and monitoring applications
- Knowledge and understanding of various asset classes and financial instruments such as FX, rates, risk, fixed income, credit, bonds, derivatives
- Troubleshooting skills and ability to conduct impact analysis to assess severity and urgency
- Understanding of the end to end trade flow process from trade entry to validation systems, onto risk and P&L (profit and loss) valuation, able to outline the entire process of booking a trade
- An understanding of emerging markets and related trading systems
- Knowledge and appreciation of ITIL principles, including incident and problem management
- A proven track record within the banking industry, ideally within global investment banks
- An understanding of market data – publishing curves, risk curves and pricing curves
- Capable of working independently as well as within a team made up of on and off shore members
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to liaise effectively with technical and business stakeholders at all levels of seniority, including front office traders
emagine Consulting are an independent professional services consultancy with 30 years of experience specialising in the banking and financial services industry. We partner with our clients to meet their immediate and long term business initiatives. We achieve this by leveraging our expert and proprietary industry knowledge, coupled up with an extensive understanding of their business needs to drive the right solution for our clients. With our practice-based organisational structure, combined with our agile delivery model, we are able to successfully deliver highly complex, cross region programmes/projects for our clients.
Our core values:
At emagine Consulting we consistently strive to deliver high standards and best practice to our customers, colleagues and consultants. Whilst we have had many successes, we aim not to dwell on them; instead our agenda and approach is to always seek to improve on our past successes and to better ourselves. Our five core values, internally known as the 5C's assist us in making sure that we remain consistent across all functions, departments and sectors.
Our 5 core values are as follows:
- Caring - we are attentive, we listen and learn from each other
- Committed - we are committed to delivering results
- Courageous - we dare to explore new realms of possibility
- Collaborative - we trust each other and work as a reliable team
- Creative - we think outside the box, with expertise and imagination
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, you will already have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
“emagine Consulting are an equal opportunity employer, and employment practices are based strictly on merit. It is the policy of the Company to give equal opportunity in employment regardless of sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, religion or ethnic origin.”