- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Temporary, Full time
- 17 May 18 2018-05-17
Anchura Partners is a unique financial services consultancy with a proven track record of solving business challenges and driving all aspects of change. As practitioners, not career consultants, our distinctiveness is in our people and our approach. Our unique blend of skills and expertise enables us to understand the challenges facing our clients and provide the management and delivery bandwidth they need to get things done. We are proud to have some of the most talented and experienced practitioners within the industry in our team, all of whom have a depth of experience gained in financial serves or consulting.
We continue to grow to support the needs and demands of our client base therefore we are currently looking to hire a Trade Assistant based to join our practice on an interim basis (3-6 months) based on site at a leading Hedge Fund Manager.
The Trade Assistant team at this hedge fund manager is fundamental to many aspects of their business. Their mission is to be the front-line support to the investment desk for all post-trade activities with the highest degree of accuracy and speed. They proactively look to understand the portfolio managers’ trading activity and ensure accurate reflection for both internal risk and real-world settlement.
The team work on several different projects, from market projects to internal initiatives. They are focused on streamlining processes and improving the control environment. The team work closely with other departments across the business, including: The Investment Desk, Risk, Operations, Fund Control, Quantitative Analytics and Technology.
Responsibilities will typically include:
- Daily blotter management and both close and live P&L and risk reporting
- Booking transactions, understanding the risks and pricing of complex products
- Monitoring expiries/fixings/futures rolls – understand and present the associated P&L/risk changes
- Provide first line of support to the portfolio managers and execution traders
- Providing SME knowledge to help drive process enhancements
- Monitoring offsetting transactions and collapsing accordingly (ISDA protocols)
- Resolving administrator and counterparty queries
Desired Skills and Experience
- A-Levels at grade A and a 1st or 2:1 class degree obtained in a numerate discipline from a highly regarded University
- Prior work experience in a similar role, either buy side or sell side
- Good understanding of derivatives and market knowledge
- An excellent practical and methodological approach to your work
- Excellent attention to detail and a proactive response to mistakes
- An ability to question, challenge and improve processes
- Excellent communication skills
- Varied asset class and/or exotic product experience