Trading Credit Risk Management Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Oct 18
See job description for details
Join us in London as a Trading Credit Risk Management Analyst
- This role offers a valuable opportunity to move into or develop your knowledge of NatWest Markets' trading businesses in a real time, value-added credit risk position
- Sitting within the NatWest Markets Credit Risk team, you'll gain great exposure to both front office businesses and risk teams, as well as various back, middle office and IT functions
- Trading Credit Risk Management is a global team that plays a critical role in supporting the front office trading businesses, providing timely and proactive pre-deal credit calculations and approvals within a robust control framework
What you'll do
You'll be joining a team that acts as an interface between the front office trading and sales teams and Credit Risk, and has responsibility for making sure that trading book exposures do not breach agreed credit risk appetite.
You'll receive pre-deal details of trades from the front office teams, analyse them to determine whether the level of credit risk is within agreed parameters, and approve or challenge the trades as necessary. The work is time-pressured and you'll cover all the asset classes we trade, with a focus toward flow FX, rates and repo. If a proposed trade is outside of the agreed limits, you'll seek approval from the appropriate credit team, or use your experience and skills to arrive at solutions which will fall within risk appetite, and meet with the business's and clients' requirements.
You'll achieve success in this role by:
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with our front office customers built on mutual confidence and trust, and ensuring excellent levels of service
- Working closely with exposure management and control teams to make sure that our credit limits are appropriate for business needs, and complement the excess management process
- Liaising with relationship managers, Client Services and Credit Risk, as well as operational functions to facilitate the swift transaction approval
- Liaising with teams in both back and middle office functions to makes sure that trades have been properly booked, and that static data is accurate
- Working with Risk IT teams to ensure that numbers in the systems reflect the bank's risk, and to develop and implement system enhancements
The skills you'll need
Experience of working in a trading floor environment or knowledge of trading book products would be an advantage, but isn't essential. Similarly, experience in a risk or control role would be useful. You'll be using mathematical tools and models, and you'll need to be able to to understand, analyse and apply numbers. Timescales are almost always tight, so you'll need to make sound judgements under pressure based on your risk and product knowledge.
You'll also need:
- Excellent communication skills
- The proven ability to be a strong team player
- Strong Excel skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest Markets we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.