Trading Product Analyst, Associate
Description About this role What is the Aladdin Product Group?
At the heart of BlackRock, is the Aladdin Product Group (APG), the team responsible for crafting, building and operating Aladdin. Being a part of the Aladdin Product Group means working with the industry's leaders with a point of view to build innovative and next generation products that craft the financial markets. We are 1,400 strong, and we eat, live and breathe tech. Job Purpose/ Background Product Analysts
(Business Analysts) within Aladdin Product Management are responsible for the production of high-quality specifications that enable Aladdin's product offerings to be developed with high quality and efficiency.
In this role, product analysts will partner closely with product managers to resolve "how" of a solution from a functional perspective and partner with engineers to ensure a harmonization between functional and technical specifications.
As a Product Analyst on the 'Aladdin Trading Product' team you will be passionate about the formation of requirements documents, analyzing user research, and creation of release notes that will be consumed by Aladdin's global Trading community.
As a member of the Product Management team, you'll be closely connected with the marketplace, our client community, and BlackRock business strategy to drive product direction. Sitting at the intersection of business and technology, our team works closely with Aladdin developers and other stakeholders to innovate, conceptualize, design and pilot new capabilities to simplify our clients' business problems. Key Responsibilities
Producing key artifacts that are essential to the delivery of excellent software products including:
- Business Requirement Documents
- Process Definition Documents
- Functional Requirements Documents
- Data Definition Documents
- Product Release Notes
- User Journey Maps
- Use Cases & User Stories
Developing a deep understanding of the market, users, business problems, and opportunities.
Collaborating and facilitating a discussion and requirements between product, business and engineering teams.
Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing specifications for both near and longer-term solutions.
Examining client practices and compare them to industry standards.
Attending all key agile development rituals such as stand-ups, grooming, planning, demos, and retrospectives. Experience / Qualifications Experience
- Proven track record working in buy side or sell side investment technology (3-6 years).
- Basic understanding of trading workflows. Deep expertise of equity, fixed income, FX, and derivatives trading is a plus.
- Comprehension of the multi-asset trading industry landscape and trends
- Understanding of front, middle, and back office integration touch points
- Understanding of product and software development lifecycles
- Experience interacting with product partners, including end users and software developers
- Experience with agile software development process
- Understanding of trading system architectures and core components
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to deliver presentations and communicate up and down the organization
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving and planning skills, including the ability to multitask
- Ability to work and deliver results independently, self-starter
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.