Who we're looking for We're looking for a motivated individual who is well organised in their approach to new initiatives, and is able to deliver platform enhancements alongside urgent ad-hoc requests related to the Trading process.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
Working within the wider Investment Services function, the primary responsibility of this team is supporting the front office Trading teams. The team will be responsible for setting up trading capabilities with external parties, enabling electronic trading platforms and ensuring consistency of process across all teams where possible. The team will cover all instruments and all markets.
What you'll do
- Gather requirements relating to enhancements of the trading process, track these, and coordinate the implementation process, which includes enabling:
- New business parties (clearing brokers, prime brokers)
- New instruments
- New markets
- New trading platforms
- Enhancements to existing platforms and processes
- Maintain existing relationships with external platform/service providers, being a point of contact for BAU queries relating to the trading process
- Maintain trading platform broker ID mapping tables and the Equity commissions schedule within Aladdin
- Manage new ETD Give Up Agreement (GUA) process, provide frequent updates as part of new client onboarding process.
- Monitor changes to trading venue Rule Books, reviewing these against internal controls to ensure ongoing compliance
- Collaborate with the wider Investment Services team to promote best practice in new and existing processes relating to the trading function.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Broad Investment management experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Front Office processes as they apply to Equity, Fixed Income and Multi Asset business domains
- Middle and Back Office processes as they apply to Equity, Fixed Income and Multi Asset business domains
- Experience managing relationships with senior stakeholders, is able to adapt communication style to suit audience
- Ability to prioritise and manage own activities in the best interests of the organisation
- Experience of working collaboratively across teams, to tight deadlines, providing regular progress updates
- Educated to a minimum of first degree level
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Working knowledge of the Aladdin Order Management System
- Knowledge of Trading Platforms for various asset classes
- Fundamentals of the Trading process of various asset classes, through to settlement and confirmation
- Investment Management Certificate qualification or equivalent
What you'll be like
- Pro-active - has a methodical approach to finding solutions
- Has a collaborative mindset - understands the benefits of working together to achieve a better outcome
- Numerate - you'll have good numerical skills and a high attention to detail
- Creative - you'll be able to think outside the box and bring fresh ideas to the table
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your background, race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.