Trading Systems Analyst
One of the world's largest hedge funds, this is a fantastic opportunity to join one of systematic trading's most prestigious technology teams in their London office. With plenty of opportunity to grow and have enormous impact, you will be responsible for the support of a critical, leading-edge quant research and trading platform.
The majority of their systems run on Linux and most code is written in Python, with the full scientific stack: numpy, scipy, pandas, scikit-learn, etc. Systems that require the highest data throughput are implemented in Java. The Role
Primarily, you will be responsible for technology and trading support in London. You will ensure continuous operation of business-critical servers, applications and services, with the opportunity to put into practice any development skills you may have.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology and writing high-quality code, and will enjoy working proactively with other technology teams to ensure best practice, writing appropriate tools where necessary.
This role will require the ability to do shift work on a rota basis, covering weekdays, most bank holidays and infrequent, short, weekend work. Key Skills Required
- Strong working knowledge of Linux and associated scripting languages - preferably Bash
- Exceptional communication skills, particularly with global colleagues in a range of disciplines
- Experience in Python is a bonus
- Interest in learning any of the following modern technologies is advantageous: Ansible, Docker, Prometheus, Logstash, Jenkins, Spark, Git, Jira, Kubernetes, Keycloak, Vault
- Passion for technology, evidenced by personal projects, GitHub account, etc.
- Competitive salary + generous bonuses
- Extra perks including a personal development allowance and daily lunch
- Central London office with a very smart, friendly tech team
- Flat-structured, transparent and collaborative environment, 'no-attitude' culture
If you feel you're a strong candidate for the role and would like further info, please contact: Sam Forrest
020 3475 5014