- Circa £55k + bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- EC1 Partners
My client is a leading systematic and quantitative hedge fund, with cross asset strategies, including FX and index swaps. They are looking for someone to join their trading team, as a trading and technology support, working closely with the traders as well as other business units including Research, Trading and Technology, and Operations.
Trading & Technology Support
Your role will be to monitor and manage the trading platforms to ensure operational stability is maintained, and to provide intervention when necessary. You will be making judgement decisions as to how best bring issues back into line. When not dealing with operational issues, you will work closely with the team to improve the trading platforms and monitoring to attempt to better detect repeating issues. This is an excellent opportunity to learn from senior traders on both the tech and voice trading strategies.
We would expect you to have most of the following skills or attributes:
• Strong academic background in a highly numerate subject
• Linux shell scripting, log file querying
• Ad-hoc SQL query writing for investigation
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
• Ability to prioritise issues in a fast-paced environment
• Comfortable dealing with urgent issues
• Desire to improve existing practises
• A “can-do” attitude.
• Flexibility in working hours
• Team Player
It would be a bonus if you have any of these skills:
• Java, Python development
• Experience supporting complex software environments
• Market trading experience
If you feel you meet the requirements, please send through your CV. Alternatively you can reach me on 02075539371 or email@example.com