- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Avalon Capital Markets
- 20 Jul 18 2018-07-20
Avalon Capital Markets Limited is a fast growing institutional brokerage company. Following a sustained period of expansion, Avalon requires a trainee accountant and admin assistant to support its rapidly growing business. Based in St Paul’s, London and reporting to the finance team, the role is diverse and comes with varied scope and responsibility.
We would expect the successful candidate to have:
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a finance department or broking company in a support role
- Good knowledge of the Xero accounting system
- Knowledge bookkeeping and basic accounting principles
- Strong Excel skills
- High performer with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Analytical mind-set
- Keeping Xero accounting system updated on a daily basis
- Bank reconciliation
- Processing all purchase invoices
- Managing broker expenses
- Assist with revenue reporting
- Assist with broker performance analysis
- Other ad-hoc duties from time to time
2. Office Management
- Maintaining and preparing the Directors schedule
- Managing staff holidays
- Managing office supplies
- Other adhoc work as required
3. Assisting with the Middle Office function
There will also be some general assistance with general administration and the day-to-day management of the company.
As Avalon continues to grow and expand there will be opportunities for the successful candidate to progress, with more senior roles within both the finance department and also within business support.
Study support will be available for the most suitable candidate.