Trainee Fund Accountant - Private Equity
- £25,000 - £30,000 per annum + study support
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Walker Hamill
- 10 Oct 18
Our client, a specialist Private Equity firm, is seeking a Trainee Fund Accountant to support the Finance team with the day to day accounting and reporting for the fund entities. This position would suit a highly motivated and ambitious individual keen to continue with their accountancy qualification.
- Support the fund accountants in maintaining the Fund and subsidiary SPV entity financial records and supporting schedules.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the accounts payable function, including processing purchase invoices and preparing fortnightly payment runs.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management information packs.
- Assist the fund accounting team with compliance queries and KYC processes.
- Assist with the tracking of deal budgets.
- Assist with the review of LP call and distribution notices.
- Continually strive to improve processes, systems controls and reporting.
- Ad-hoc internal and external reporting requests.
- Degree educated with strong academics (As and Bs at A Level, 2.1 or 1st class degree).
- Part qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), first time passes preferred.
- Strong numerical and detail orientated skillset is essential.
- Self-driven, quality and results-orientated with an ability to work well under pressure.
- Reliable, hardworking and ambitious.
- Strong Microsoft office skills - Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for almost 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed companies, private equity backed businesses and privately owned, early stage ventures. We recruit across all sectors, but have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.com/