Trainee Quant Trader
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Mako Group
- 16 Nov 17 2017-11-16
Mako Group is a global trading company based primarily in London. Mako′s heritage in exchange-traded options and derivatives established the firm′s strong presence in the equity, fixed income and commodity markets of Europe, U.S and most recently Asia. This is an exceptional opportunity to become an integral part of the Trading team and develop the skills required to excel in a trading position.
Reporting To: AMM Senior Trader
Trainee Quant Trader will be primarily responsible for and participate in:
- Working on backtesting/optimising strategies over a set criteria structured by the senior trader.
- Chalenging methods of analysis for successful trading strategies.
- Develop/Advance programming expertise using Python/C++ within a UNIX / Linux environment.
- Contribute to the development of new mathematical implementations to further enhance Mako’s competitive edge in the marketplace.
- Clerking for traders by entering, editing, transferring and claiming trades, crossing trades, hedging, managing daily trade breaks, liaising with third parties/exchanges – all under the instruction and supervision of the trader.
- Learning how to use the Mako Group’s bespoke trading systems.
- Proactively learning about the markets in which Mako operates and seeking advice and information from experienced traders with regard to market activity (incl. historical activity and patterns), risk management, trading decisions, expiry management etc.
- Learning and abiding by the respective exchange rules and procedures. Passing exchange examinations as required.
- Participating in scheduled fundamental options theory classes and mock trading sessions.
- Learning, understanding and running of trading algorithms, under the supervision of senior traders.
- Masters or PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering (or related subject).
- Excelent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Coding ability in Python/C++ in Linux environment.
- Ability & desire to work directly with Senior Traders and Software Developers
- Desire to work directly on the development and support of mathematical implementations within the context of Mako’s trading businesses.
- Ability to understand and analyse complex information.
- Demonstrate passion to becoming a key member of a trading team.
- Strong and demonstrable teamwork ethic.
- Driven, pro-active and entrepreneurial.
- Experience working on the statistical analysis of large datasets is a plus.
- Advanced experience in Python.
- Coding in single threaded or multi-threaded environments; e.g. Java, C#, C++