Trainee Service Desk Analyst - Information Technology London - Great Britain
Description of the Business Line or Department
GTS is a transversal team providing IT infrastructure support across GBIS Summary of the key purposes of the role
Summary of responsibilities
- To work in a fast-paced pressurised environment. Providing first line helpdesk support via Remote Assistance, to our customers, assisting them with Hardware and software problems via phone or email.
- Working to set call SLA's targets: meet & improve processes and look to take a proactive attitude.
- Supporting approx 3000 users across 3 main sites in London and smaller sites across EMEA
- Continual liaising with counterparts in other regions and with Peers in the UK.
- Supporting a range of hardware from laptops and tablets to smartphones and IP phones
- To provide 1st line technical support; answering support queries via phone, email and call tracking system.
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- To achieve 70% + of calls closed at the 1st line within a technical service desk team
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- To log calls on the Service Now service management system
- Maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected.
- To respond to enquiries from clients and help resolve any hardware or software problems.
- Support users in the use of Computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice.
- Escalate more complex calls to the relevant IT Support teams.
- To update/create knowledge databases with new processes, and fixes
- Case Management: Ensuring Incidents and Requests are managed following the ITIL framework
- Regular updates maintained on own cases
- Notifying users of all progress and status
- Following IT Security Guidelines
- Ensure that there is a good flow of information between our clients and the support team & between the 2nd & 3rd line skill teams (Desktop support, Mail, operations & engineering team, ...)
All our positions are open to people with disabilities Profile Level of Autonomy and Authority
Ability to act independently and work within a team as per the scope of the role Competencies
- Educated to a 2.1 degree level
- Minimum of 5 A-C's including Maths and English
- A minimum of 1 years' Experience in a customer service role
- A maximum of 1 years' experience in a 1 st /2 nd line support role
- An understanding of the Windows infrastructure fundamental knowledge: server, network, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
- Windows 7 and 10 troubleshooting skills
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Outlook 2007 and 2016 within a network environment
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office 2007 and 2016 with emphasis on MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration
- Experience in troubleshooting Smartphones
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Client/Customer focused
- Highly motivated and eager to learn
- Service Now experience
- IP Telephony support
- Skype for Business Telephony/Chat support
- Market Data applications (eg. Bloomberg, Reuters etc)
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Société Générale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Job code: 1900029R
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 01/07/2019