Working within a team to help Financial Planners maintain and build on their competency within the QPCA proposition and regulatory environment under a risk based targeted support model.
About the Role
- Carry out client meeting assessments as required under the risk-based Training and Competence scheme
- Undertake appropriate case reviews to assess risks and training needs to help Planners to maintain competency
- Work alongside Regional Directors to help develop the skills and understanding of Financial Planners where gaps are identified
- Provide one on one or group training with Financial Planners where support is required in relation to competency, organisational skills and file quality
- Contribute material to compliance bulletins where a wider internal audience would benefit
- Collation, assignment and tracking of individual development plans
- Update training and competence records for Financial Planners to support collation of risk-based data
- Support delivery of the wider Training and Competence scheme
- Building and maintaining business relationships with all relevant stakeholders and contributing to corporate projects and initiatives
- Manage process queries from Planners and approve fee concessions within set tolerances
- Reporting of Planner linked risk events and resolution of training needs
- Keep Regional Directors updated on progress of any issues with their Planners
- Provide regular updates to the QPCA regional teams by presenting at team meetings
- Assist with the development of processes based on company policies and principles
The following skills and behaviours will be core to the role:
- Ability to work and perform with a level head in a pressured role
- Client experience focused perspective within the requirements of a regulatory environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised with good attention to detail
- Ability to accurately and objectively assess and record factual information and to analyse and evaluate people
- Professional, reliable and trustworthy
- Understanding of financial planning and underlying financial advice products and processes as well as client confidentiality
Qualifications and experience:
- Financial Planning and/or Investment Management qualifications to at least level 4 equivalent
- Significant practical T&C experience within the financial services secto
- Understanding of risk and compliance in financial services and/or wealth management
No matter what job you do you should feel valued and appreciated. That's why we offer a competitive total reward package, which enables our employees to share in the success they help to create.
Holiday: 26 days
Quilter Incentive Scheme: All employees are eligible to participate in our incentive scheme, based on the company's performance and their contribution to it
Pension Scheme: 10% non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions
Private Medical Insurance: Single cover as standard, cover can be increased at your own cost
Life Assurance: 4x your salary, cover can be increased at your own cost
Income Protection: 75% of salary payable after 26 weeks of absence
In addition to our core benefits we offer a range of flexible benefits that you can choose from and pay for conveniently via a salary deduction.
Quilter is a leading provider of advice, investments and wealth management in the UK and internationally. Managing over £100 billion of investments on behalf of over 900,000 customers, we operate in one of the largest wealth markets in the world – and one that is growing.
At Quilter, we're committed to creating an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We promote equal opportunities and make sure no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. We select candidates for interview based purely on their skills, qualifications, experience and potential.