Transaction Advisory Services & Financial Control, Manager
As a member of our Transaction Advisory Services team you will be partnering with deal teams to advise on the financial implications of a transaction, with a primary focus on the accounting considerations. You will be making recommendations to Group CFOs, Business unit CFOs and the Group Financial Controller for the approval of new transactions as well as coordinating and connecting the dots across accounting, funding, economic capital and tax streams for a transaction.
In this role, you will also be reviewing financial models and critically assessing transaction returns including commercial merits and risks.
You will also be involved in:
- coordinating and reviewing financial due diligence and accounting treatment on proposed transactions
- driving key technical accounting judgements and analysis
- assisting with implementation and execution of new deals
- the liaison and oversight of offshore Business Unit Finance and Legal Entity Control teams with month end accounting, statutory entity audits and other financial control tasks
- the oversight and review of regional balance sheets and P&L
- onboarding and oversight of accounting function performed by external third-party accounting providers and portfolio investment finance teams
- the implementation of financial control framework in new investments and businesses
- assistance with integration of new businesses
- ad hoc projects.
You will be conducting these tasks with the focus of supporting two core operating groups at Macqaurie; Macquarie Capital and Macquarie Asset Management.
As such, you will have extensive interactions with deals teams, business unit CFOs and team leads. You will be liaising with other support areas including Group Finance, Business Unit Finance, Tax, Legal Entity Control, Treasury, Company Secretarial and Risk Management. Externally, you will be speaking with accounting providers and external auditors.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- contributing to making recommendations for the approval of new transactions which includes assessment of risk/return profile presented in transaction financial models
- researching and documenting key accounting consideration relevant to a transaction including preparation of IFRS 9 hedge accounting documentation where applicable
- assisting in the coordination and review of Financial due diligence reports
- lifecycle transaction management, involving oversight of month end accounting functions and ensuring proper adherence to the financial control framework
- assisting in the co-ordination with other parts of Finance Management Group and Risk Management Group to understand overall implications of new transactions
- providing inputs for monthly management reporting including analysis of balance sheet and commentary by transaction
- oversight of financial control environment for portfolio investment companies and external third-party accounting providers including review of monthly reporting
- ad hoc analysis, reporting and transaction analysis.
To be successful in this role, you will have strong commercial acumen with some transaction experience in a chartered or commercial environment and experience within financial services or infrastructure industries would be an additional benefit..
You will also have:
- initiative and follow through on issues with minimal supervision
- the ability to tailor verbal, listening and written communication skills to deal with staff across all levels and offshore office staff
- the ability to establish strong working relationships with the business and other areas of the group
- strong client service and risk management focus
- strong accounting background with an ability to apply technical knowledge in a transaction environment. Specific experience with IFRS 9, IFRS 10, and IAS 28 would be beneficial
- experience in financial modelling and tax would be beneficial
- ability to prioritise and manage multiple and competing deadlines.
If this sounds like your next opportunity, then please apply now About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.