Transactions Manager - Real Estate
- £120-150k + excellent benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- One Ten Associates
- 15 Mar 18 2018-03-15
A brand new opportunity for a fantastic Pan-European Real Estate Fund has arisen. This role will be ideally suited to a qualified accountant with a background in originating and executing on Real Estate deals in Europe. The role is essentially to act as a Point-Guard for all transactions across all aspects of the deal-cycle and will particularly appeal to experienced Real Estate professionals with strong Project Management skills.
An opportunity has arisen for a Transaction Manager to coordinate and project manage the timely and efficient delivery of real estate acquisitions and other corporate actions such as financing / refinancing, working in close cooperation with CIO, Investment Managers, Asset Managers, Tax, Finance, Legal, CoSec team, Luxembourg and country directors, local service providers, local banks, etc.
- The preparation of a step plan for each transaction covering all aspects of the transaction as set out below, which is closely monitored and managed to completion;
- Identify key deal milestones from when the deal exclusivity ends to closing and understand key requirements for each stage with the Investment Management team;
- Work with IM and CIO to agree key IC and approval requirements and timings;
- To manage the governance process around transactions, including convening board and finance committee meetings, preparation of agendas and minutes, provision of supporting documentation etc.;
- To coordinate the preparation and approval of all internal finance documentation in relation to transactions, commencing with investor drawdowns and specifically prior to movements of the corresponding monies. IM leads SFA with the support of Transaction manager on project management of ancillary docs / negotiation / CPs / internal closing process etc;
- To lead (supported by teams from Tax, Finance, Lux team, Legal etc) the finalising of structuring advice and resultant corporate, financing and operational set-up. A phased approach based on deal timeline and facilitating communication between teams;
- To ensure all transaction related documentation is received from legal counsel in a timely manner; IM retains responsibility for key deal docs (DFA, SPA etc) whilst Transaction Manager supports project managing agreement and completion of AMA, PMA, DMA, structure set-up docs etc;
- Project manage completion of all DD, based on plan agreed with IC using early draft of checklist and supporting DD scopes / phasing / prioritisation and budgets. Assist IM with interpretation and analysis / communication of key issues from DD to pre-closing IC, seeking appropriate function head sign off. Project manage Finance and Lux through signing and funding process;
- To ensure all subsidiary records such as corporate structure charts, corporate calendars, compliance spreadsheets are continuously updated as transactions develop;
- To manage the review, execution, notarisation and legalisation of documents required to support transactions, as necessary;
- To coordinate the establishment of service provision to new SPVs with CoSec and Asset Management colleagues;
- To coordinate completion arrangements with Lux and local directors, the RE transaction management team and local counsel;
- Completion of an operations memorandum summarising the various elements of the operating model established for the asset and its holding structure;
- Closure of transaction projects and handover to the CoSec team as BAU.