Transfer Pricing Tax Senior Manager
Job Description Summary:
We believe we're best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy in the Transfer Pricing team. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
A Senior Manager must demonstrate depth of technical knowledge in own service area and apply this knowledge to develop solutions to complex technical issues. Can manage a team dealing with complex and demanding assignments on a day to day basis Job Description: Let's talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you'll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this Transfer Pricing, Tax Manager role.
The minimum criteria
- Making quality second nature. This means doing what's right even when no one's looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
- Own your own work. - Lead from the front in-regards to delivering client work, engaging the Transfer Pricing and greater Tax teams to ensure correct skill utilisation on all projects.
- Be a part of a team - Take responsibility for developing more junior team members, understanding their carer aspiration and support in this delivery.
- Build your brand - Engenders trust and respect from the client by producing high quality tax advice accurately, delivering to expectations, responding quickly to client demands and delivering to deadlines. Is actively involved in client meetings, concisely and confidently answering client queries. Provides intelligent and creative solutions to client tax issues both reactively and proactively.
Skills to set you apart and the role
- ACA or ACCA and/or CTA Qualified or equivalent qualification.
- Working knowledge of transfer pricing regimes internationally, OECD rules, BEPs project work and thin cap.
- You'll have experience of managing a large portfolio of tax clients
- Willingness to participate in and run client pitches as well as pro-actively business develop.
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don't worry if you don't tick every box. It's important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
Do you care about the same things we do?
- Takes responsibility and ownership of the client relationship at the appropriate level in the client's organisation.
Manages client assignments that are sizable in both scope and scale and high net worth clients.
- Writes high quality tax reports, professionally presented documents, requiring minimal input from directors or partners.
- Acts as a focal point for the delivery of sophisticated tax advice to clients and the business.
- Demonstrates an ability to analyse and interpret data, identifying business issues and applying technical knowledge appropriately.
- Provides reliable and effective technical support to the partners in their chosen area, recognising issues to manage technical risk.
- Consults on a variety of technical areas, including the ability to identify those able to provide support in relation to technical risk.
- Runs complex and demanding assignments on a day to day basis
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we'll want you to show us how they're important to you, too. Collaboration:
We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out. Leadership
: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects. Excellence:
Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky. Agility:
The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible - changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done. Respect:
A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care. Responsibility
: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people's lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what's right. Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we're also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too. Bring your whole self
Now you've seen our values, it shouldn't be a surprise that we're creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
"We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone - regardless of background or gender." Dave Dunckley, CEO There's more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes...the things you do and the people you're with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you'd like to work flexibly, let us know. We're happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we'll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
View our video below to see what life is like at Grant Thornton.
Life at Grant Thornton #LI-MK1