- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) administers over $280 billion of hedge fund assets. Using the firm’s proprietary, globally accessible technology platform, the business provides a full range of fund administration services, including daily accounting and financial reporting; transfer agency and investor services; middle and back-office support; and integrated portfolio analytics. Morgan Stanley Fund Services has service offices based in New York, London, Dublin, and Hong Kong.
The successful candidate will be responsible for project managing the onboarding process for both new and existing clients, including both the launch of new funds and the conversion of complex, established funds from other administrators. You will coordinate closely with clients, the business unit and external parties to ensure that all technical deliverables are met by the agreed deadline and that the client experience is first class and fully referenceable with prospective clients. Key areas of responsibility include:
- Act as primary contact for the duration of the onboarding timeline.
- Build rapid, trust-based relationships with key client stakeholders.
- Project manage and seamlessly deliver the onboarding timeline and deliverables;
- Create and maintain project plans
- Manage both internal and external meetings and calls, ensuring deliverable outcomes are executed on. Can include interaction with numerous parties, e.g. counsel, system vendors, PBs, outgoing Administrators (conversions)
- Coordinate Morgan Stanley Fund Service virtual teams throughout
- Identify client specific requirements, both procedural and technology.
- Capture requirements for Morgan Stanley Fund Service systems, ensure accurate, timely setup and internal signoff.
- Coordinate training for the client by all Morgan Stanley Fund Service functional areas e.g. Fund Accounting, Investor Services and Analytics.
- Assist sales team in pitch process.
Skills required (essential)
- Previous relevant professional experience that incorporates detailed knowledge of Hedge Funds and their structures e.g. Prime Brokerage background.
- Extensive project management experience; self-motivated and exceptional organization skills.
- Experience in some aspects of Fund Administration for Hedge Funds.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with project management credentials highly advantageous.
- Excellent judgment and strong risk management skills, attention to detail ethic.
- Gravitas, credibility and confidence to quickly create relationships at Business owners, COO, CFO and Head of Operations level.
- Strong leadership and communication skills; required to coordinate numerous internal and external constituents
- Experience in leading virtual, globally distributed teams; ability to create personal networks within a global organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship-management and cultural sensitivity skills as the role involves daily interaction across international teams (multiple time zones).
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize multiple projects / issues.
- Ability to work independently and to interact with individuals at all levels within the business.
- Competency with MS Office suite with MS Excel to intermediate / advanced
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.