- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Investec Bank plc
- 07 Aug 18 2018-08-07
Description of role and key responsibilities The role is part of the Investec Treasury team and focuses on management information to inform balance sheet management. The outputs of the team are relied up on by Treasury and senior bank management to make key daily and strategic decisions.
Specifics of the Role
(the aim of this list is an indication only, it is by no means exhaustive):
- Production of management information. Output to be used internally and for distribution to senior management forums, including P&P, ALCO, ERC.
- Running daily, weekly and monthly reporting.
- Preparing relevant, timely, accurate forecasts and budgets
- Preparation of liability funding plan.
- Analysing and explaining variances in P&L and Balance Sheet between actual, forecast and budget.
- Preparation of Liquidity forecasts including Rating Agency metrics.
- Maintaining existing and developing new models that assist MI and forecasting objectives.
- Embedding the output of Treasury and wider bank initiatives into core MI.
- Develop relationships across the bank, particularly with ALM, Investor Relations and Investec liability channels.
- Driving Treasury MI initiatives forward including setting up meetings and co-ordinating tasks across numerous functions of the bank.
- Analyse processes and systems and initiate change/enhancements/automation to reduce manual processes resulting in a more efficient bank.
- Assisting the Treasury team on initiatives that will progress the desk in their understanding of the wider bank.
Core Skills and Knowledge
- Regulatory Knowledge as applicable to role (compulsory)
- To act with integrity at all times and embrace the philosophy of treating our customers fairly (compulsory)
Technical knowledge & experience (preferable but not mandatory)
- Educated to degree level
- Professional qualification (full or part qualified)
- Accounting experience
- Banking experience
- Knowledge and experience of Treasury systems
Skills & personal attributes
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Proactive, self-starter, must be self-motivated
- High level of competence using MS Excel
- Pride in report presentation and the logic to produce those reports.
- A curiosity for new approaches. Willingness to do things differently.
- Cast iron integrity
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Relationship management and communication – Ability to build and maintain strong internal relationships.
- Financial modelling/analytics
- Ability to multi-task, often to deadlines.